Antman’s hair loss story

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’ve created this thread to share my hair loss experience. Firstly, I’ve been NW2 for a long time and so I’ve worn my hair long to hide my high forehead.

In 2011 @ 21yo, I noticed that my hair started falling out constantly throughout the day and my hair gradually became wispy over the year.
I had to get a haircut because my hair looked very bad with length. This ended up revealing the extent of my hair loss.

When I saw my hair loss I found the situation to be very hopeless and I felt very depressed – I was really low for about 2 months. I believed that hair loss had completely sealed any possibility of me being able to be myself.
The worst was at the gym when I was surrounded by mirrors and guys my age who all had NW1 or 0.

To my relief I found finasteride/min and I’ve been on it for 1 year. So far
- my hair has darkened (confirmed by a lot of other people’s comments)
- my hair quality has improved and doesn't fall out easily (by feel)
- I might have sides (very mild) but it hasn’t affected the quality of my life in any way

some extras that other people talk about
- I had dry/non-oily skin (before and after finasteride/min)
- I take creatine and do weight lifting (before and after finasteride/min)

I’m also trying some experimental treatments but only just recently added them. idk if I’ll continue them or not. I’ll post pictures if there is a sudden improvement.

i took some Before pics but they were very low quality and it was difficult to get comparable After pics - these were the most comparable that can find

First pic is Before (Jan 2012) and After (Jan 2013)
Second Pic is Before (March 2012) and After (Jan 2013)

Attachments

• Before:After_1.jpg
    Before:After_1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 815
  • Before:After_2.jpg
    Before:After_2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 844

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow! your hair looks so much thicker and darker! Good on you!

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
wow! your hair looks so much thicker and darker! Good on you!

thanks - i just found an older comparison that shows the darkening a little better

this pic is when my hair got wispy (Aug 2011 i think) and the After is (Aug 2012) when my hair was a bit longer

Attachments

• trial 2.jpg
    trial 2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 625

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude awesome results! May I ask when did you start seeing first results?

thanks - @ around 4.5 months i noticed an improvement with my hair - its been fairly gradual since then

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The last photo you posted shows some very good improvement!!! Keep it up!

dorombl

Reaction score
Hey! Congrats on your improvement!

Were you shedding in the beginning? Because I'm on this treatment too, the big3, and my hair grew thinner in the front because of the shedding.
I'm using the big 3 for 1 and a half months. My baseline was similar to yours. Thanks!

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
Were you shedding in the beginning?

i didn't notice shedding but i took a photo in March because i was able to see my scalp through my hair much more easily than before.
-i think i must have initially lost a lot of hair on finasteride/min

it really sucked seeing the front part thin / getting thinner

dorombl

Reaction score
After how much time did you see any improvement? I see my scalp through my hair in the front now, its even worse than baseline. As ive told im in for 1,5 months. Will it be more worse? Because Im scared a little bit...

edit: oh i see, after 4,5 months...

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
antman, good results.

lots of new hair at the hair line in addition to thickening and improving hair quality.

which experimental treatments do you use.

Malin

Established Member
Reaction score
Great progress!, keep it up! we have to mantain our hair with Propecia/minx for hopefully no more than 10 years, I'm absolutely sure there will be some better tratments before 2020.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
which experimental treatments do you use.

cetirizine and Bimatoprost.

when Bimatoprost runs out i plan to drop it and wait for it to become a hair loss product with a dosage and vehicle suitable for the scalp.

- - - Updated - - -

Great progress!, keep it up! we have to mantain our hair with Propecia/minx for hopefully no more than 10 years, I'm absolutely sure there will be some better tratments before 2020.

i'm hoping for an antagonist SARM like S-40542 - relatively selective to the prostate. Additionally, S-40542 may display little influence on the endocrine system. And maybe an agonist SERM as well - both selective for skin.

ie an anti-androgen and estrogen that only affects the skin.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8O

Brilliant results, really freaking brilliant. So happy you could ditch your frontal hairpiece and get re-growth at the temples, it looks so much better. Long may it continue!

dorombl

Reaction score
Hey,
Should I ask which brand do you use of minoxidil? Foam or liquid? Could you check my topic: "Balding, mature hairline or accutane caused hairloss" in General discuss?
I think I have some regrowth on my temples... I posted a picture in the last comment. Do you think these hairs are good sign? What was the first sign of you regrowth? Thanks mate!

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
I use liquid Kirkland

I think those hairs are a good sign - I had something similar (it kinda gave the outline of my NW2)

But these hairs have been very slow in getting larger - sometimes I think they''ll just stay like that

dorombl

Reaction score
i can't get RU easily in my country unfortunately, but i'm using azelaic acid and tretinoin... i could order capillogain and spectral f5 or spectral dnc... but i think i have to wait at least 4 months to see what happens. i hope i will get a good regrowth, because i've shed a lot in 2 months from the beginning.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congratulations mate! Getting much much better; I know exactly what you mean when you talk about hair getting wispy. I've noticed that since my hair has improved, when i style it I get a much more satisfying response, my hair sticks together and looks thick. Before when my hair was at it's worse it was very limp and the thinness of every individual strand was extremely obvious. Funny that, I've also been experimenting with Cetirizine and Bimatoprost on top of my normal regimen.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice, congratz :)

Antman... Sounds like a superhero wich got some nice killer ant sidekick while having the jaw of Joe in family guy :eek:nfire:

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Very nice results. Did the experimental stuff help you in any way? How often do you apply minoxidil and which brand? I hope you keep seeing improvement;