any advice on PRP

leomor

Reaction score
Hello, I am considering an hair transplant and the doctor adviced me to have PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) treatment along with the hair transplant. Do you know if this can help to the process? is it recommended?

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
leomor said:
Hello, I am considering an hair transplant and the doctor adviced me to have PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) treatment along with the hair transplant. Do you know if this can help to the process? is it recommended?
First of all, who was the Doctor?

PRP was hyped a lot at the end of last + beginning of this year, however I never saw good results. If you need to pay for it, don't do it.

leomor

Reaction score
the Doctor is in Turkey, at the clinic called Transmed. I've previously done two FUT operations and the results were very good in the 1st year or so, but then I've started to loose some of my own, and thus needed more operation. When I visited the Doctor few months ago, she told me that all the transplanted hairs were ok, but I lost some of my own. In a way, I managed the loss process properly because my transplanted hair covered the loss process, but as soon as I see some boldness in my head, I applied for further operation. In the last visit, we agreed for the 3rd operation and this is when she recommended PRP as a supplemental operation to help and expedite the healing process. I wonder if it really helps or just a hype.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score

leomor

Reaction score
then, may I ask if the healing process differs in FUT vs FUE method? I am asking in the sense of getting healed faster and better without any trace of the operation

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
leomor said:
then, may I ask if the healing process differs in FUT vs FUE method? I am asking in the sense of getting healed faster and better without any trace of the operation

There's a huge difference.

From what I can tell you'll need at least 3 months for your FUT (strip) hair transplant to be undectable. With FUE it can be within 2-3 weeks. But FUE is more expensive.

dfwguy

Reaction score
I had my 2nd FUE operation this past October and PRP was offered to me for $750. I honestly didn't do much research on it before the procedure and opted to just try it. I believe it was done in the donor area. Acell was also done in my recipient area as well. I can't say I noticed much of anything compared to the first procedure without the extra treatments, but I didn't document my healing process as closely with the first procedure. 7 days post op I flew back home and the fiancée didn't notice my donor area at all. MAYBE things healed a bit faster, which is what the staff boasted about the PRP. I don't regret trying it.