Any advice will be greatly appreciated

eddie_fox

Reaction score
Hi,
I am an Indian residing in UK, I have been suffering from hair loss since 6 years or so and reckon I am on Grade V on the scale, I have more hair loss on the crown spot than the frontal hairline though, but I can see a general decline in the density on the top, I also have loss in both the corners.

I really need to go for a hair transplant soon and am planning the finance for it. I have the option of an hair transplant in UK or in India and I am at my wit's end trying to find an affordable clinic who are recommended for the quality.

I am 31 years and am desperate for a remedy. I have spoken to 'The Hospital group' in Uk and have been booked for their free consultation in a couple of days. I then started looking for reviews and found this site but havent found many complimentary things about the hospital group. Their rates seem not too pricey but I am now worried about their quality of work.

Can you recommend some good surgeons in India/UK and I will try and research them and see if I can afford them.

Please, any advice is welcome.

p.s - I have attached some snaps of my hair condition currently.

Attachments

• 3.gif
    3.gif
    250.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 6.gif
    6.gif
    191.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    223.6 KB · Views: 202

sc64

Reaction score
You might won't to go over to page 4 of this forum and take a look at a thread on the (THG),it has about 78 post,it sounds like a butcher shop to me.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hospital group are amatuer hacks. :thumbdown2:

eddie_fox

Reaction score
Thank you all.
I am staying away from THG.
In fact, I have been going through a lot of forums and UK doesn't seem to have a great reputation for hair transplants. I think I will look for alternate countries.

Eddie

jazz_007

Reaction score
eddie_fox there is no harm u emailing this guy and he will talk about Hospital Group U have nothing to loss.

Trust me I dont work for anyone....

GeminiX

Reaction score
jazz_007 said:
eddie_fox there is no harm u emailing this guy and he will talk about Hospital Group....... U have nothing to loss.

Trust me I dont work for anyone....

Funny thing, every time someone says to me "Trust me...." it sets off alarm bells.

I had a consult with THG, it was the usual circuit-surgeon affair. Basically, you might get a good surgeon and team or you might get a hack; you simply have no-way of knowing.

If you're looking only for UK surgeons then I can happily recommend Dr. Rogers. He has performed two hair transplant procedures for me and his results are as good as the best in the world. I have posted many pictures from the procedures, both before and after and even some during.

That being said, I always advise people to be sure before choosing a surgeon and clinic and do your research. As a general rule of thumb, you should be able to consult with the surgeon before making a decision. My personal experience is any decent surgeon will be happy to consult with you directly while circuit clinics like THG seem to simply use which ever surgeon is available at the lowest price.

My story is here - viewtopic.php?f=30&t=46834
Dr Rogers clinic is here - http://www.westminsterclinic.co.uk/hair ... urgery.asp