Any advice ===???

derek848

Reaction score
I'm in my early 60's. Have only used Rog ES. Healthy head of hair on sides and back. Losing front and top.
Am I a surgical candidate (in terms of the hair look) or should I be looking in another direction . Attached are pics Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00431.JPG
    DSC00431.JPG
    815.2 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC00432.JPG
    DSC00432.JPG
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC00415.JPG
    DSC00415.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 150
  • DSC00415.JPG
    DSC00415.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 164

Petchsky

Reaction score
You seem to have balded to a NW5 pattern, with a slight comb over. A hair transplant is definitely an option for you, although it depends what your objective is?...and of course you will need to have a consultation with a hair transplant doctor to confirm your candidacy for surgery.

As long as you are realistic, and you're not hankering for your teenage hair back, and you have gone over the pros and cons of a hair transplant, then the option is there, but beware and do plenty of research....there are lots of incompetent docs out there, and you want to make sure you get it right first time.

derek848

Reaction score
Hi ... and tnx so much for your timely and helpful response. And... while I'm not at all looking to turn back time, I would like to have the top filled in a bit more. I generally like to keep my hair short (it is long in the pics). When I do have it short on the sides and back, the top looks more filled in, but I would like it to be a bit more so.

I am no vain abt it, and could certainly leave things as they are and let time continue with its course as related to my hair.

I am a little concerned abt some of the horror stories I read about the sequallae of large incisions made on the back of the head I am fortunate in that $.$$ is not as much of an issue as is my concern that things could turn out worse!!

Thanks again for your helpful information and suggestions.

Petchsky

Reaction score
If you go to a proven hair transplant Doctor with a great reputation then the probablities of your hair transplant not growing are greatly reduced.

Strip method invloves cutting a strip from the back of the head, and ergo a linear scar at the back.

FUE invloves pulling out the hair one by one and the inplating it. This does not leave a linear scar, but can leave little white dots, although it depends on your own phsyiology, and how well you scar...it may leave no scarring at all.

FUE is more painstaking and costs more, although it does not have a high a graft survival as strip.

There's alot to take in about hair transplant before you can make an informed choice, so the best advice I could offer right now is to not rush in to anything, and when you chose your Doctor he should have plenty of ex patients on line with blogs charting their whole experience. Check out a site called hair transplant network, there are a lot of examples of docs work on there, some posted by the docs, some by their patients.

The most important decision though is your choice of doctor.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
derek848 said:
Hi ... and tnx so much for your timely and helpful response. And... while I'm not at all looking to turn back time, I would like to have the top filled in a bit more. I generally like to keep my hair short (it is long in the pics). When I do have it short on the sides and back, the top looks more filled in, but I would like it to be a bit more so.

I am no vain abt it, and could certainly leave things as they are and let time continue with its course as related to my hair.

I am a little concerned abt some of the horror stories I read about the sequallae of large incisions made on the back of the head I am fortunate in that $.$$ is not as much of an issue as is my concern that things could turn out worse!!

Thanks again for your helpful information and suggestions.

You are an excellent candidate as I'm sure your hair loss is stable.

Where do you live ? There are only about 5 dr's who I would even consider letting do surgery on me. If we know where you live we can let you know which one is closest.

Never let location be a decision in any sort of cosmetic surgery, choose the best Dr regardless of location.

Strip has one incision, FUE is more of a hair by hair transplant.

In your case FUE in the right Dr's hands would be the way to go IMO, healing time is much less with FUE plus at your age how you heal could make a huge difference with a strip scar.