Any Castor Oil Alternatives For The Pgd2 Stuff?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can't be bothered to use castor oil, it smells bad, leaves your hair greasy and looking like dogshit for 3 days even after showers, it's a mess.

Is there anything else proven to lower it that will not make you broke?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe try kenkay castor oil + zinc oxide cream. It smells different.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe try kenkay castor oil + zinc oxide cream. It smells different.
Seems like a thick cream, I imagine it leaving your scalp a mess, with strong amounts of residual cream that make you look like you have flakes...

Is it tested to work anyway?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like a thick cream, I imagine it leaving your scalp a mess, with strong amounts of residual cream that make you look like you have flakes...

Is it tested to work anyway?

I use it for acne and it helps, I've been thinking of using it a bit for hairloss.

jnestor481

Reaction score
You really think castor is that terrible ? I mix castor with DMSO, 70% castor and 30% DMSO. I don't think you want to use any higher than 30%, causes scalp irritation and too much castor gets absorbed which leads to diarrhea. I leave it in for minimum 2 hours, longer if I can. It has without a doubt made the biggest difference in my regimen besides finasteride. Had it in for 6 hours yesterday, ran my hands through my hair earlier and not a single hair was shed.

Maybe I'm an abnormal responder to it, but it really has stopped my hair loss in its tracks. I came across a research paper from China that did computer simulations for compounds that could potentially inhibit PGD2 synthase, and ricinoleic acid ( the main component of castor ) was one of the best compounds based on potential efficacy, skin penetration, and tolerability. So add in the fact that it's a known ep3 agonist ( just like pge2 ) you have every reason to add it to your regimen. Even if you can only afford to leave it in for 1 hour it's still worth the hassle.

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
Why isn't it coming off when you shampoo? Maybe try diluting it with ethanol to be a little less thick. Mine comes right off with shampoo.