Any good leave in conditioners?

Jm0311

Reaction score
My hair gets quite dry and lifeless.....even after conditioner. Is there any GOOD leave in stuff out there? thanks.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Well, it is hard to answer this because every person's head responds differently to different conditioners. You really have to try some and find one that suits your hair.

But that being said, in general, there are good ones out there that might be worth trying.

My recommendation for a good leave in is Infusium 23 Original Formula. It's a classic, simple, no foo fooey scent, and reasonably priced.

The Gardener

Reaction score
As a rule of thumb, any shampoo on a major grocery store shelf does not contain toxins.

I don't buy the scare mongering about shampoo ingredients. There is just no science to back it up, and given that these shampoos and the commonly used ingredients have been in use for decades without any sickness or illness being attributed to them, it doesn't look like there is any reality to back the scare mongering up either.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
try tricomin's therapy serum. good for your hair and your follicles.

And, I don't have hhe link to their site handy - but "Hair Essentials" has a nice little spray containing essential oils in a distilled water base.

Emu Oil is also good for your hair's condition. The trick w/ that stuff is just to use a minute amt if you want to use it during the day - applied to your ends.

Jm0311

Reaction score
thanks....well is tricomins serum like a conditioner or? i have the tricomin spray but makes my hair feel like sh*t so i only use it at night before bed

The Gardener

Reaction score
I believe I used a serum back in the days before I pretty much gave up using conditioners. I liked it.

The problem with conditioners is that what works for someone will be terrible on someone else's hair. "Moisturizing" conditioners and shampoos, generally ALL wreak havoc on my hair, leaving it curly and full of buildup.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
thanks....well is tricomins serum like a conditioner or? i have the tricomin spray but makes my hair feel like $#iT so i only use it at night before bed

If you have the tric spray - that's what I'm talking about. It's billed as a "leave-in conditioner" (also a follicle stimulator).

Sorry it makes your hair look bad afterwards. In my instance, it's fast drying, doesn't crap up my hair, and I could use it and then even go out in public.

Try the emu oil. Again in my instance, I can rub in a good amt before bed and it still conditions my hair - even after shampooing the next day. The other method is like I said earlier if you want to try it during the day - just get a teeney bit into your ends.

Cutsinger is God

Established Member
Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
any bad ingrediants in that though?

In my opinion yes. I would play it safe and just use water but I am in the obvious minority here. Good luck.