Any opinion would be valuable (pic)

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, sorry for posting new thread I have my own somewhere here but I can't find it. Anyways, since I was 17 ( I would say) I started loosing my hair. No one notices it, and it isn't like falling in enormous numbers but I tried everything (shampoos, vitamins, etc..) And it didn't stop. It last througout the whole year... When it falls, it usually has white bulb at the bottom or if not a bulb then a whiteish cloath that seems to cover only the bottom. I attached a picture, hope you guys can see it, my cam isn't very good. Also, since I'm very concious about my hair I touch it all the time to see if it's styled in the way I like it, and pull it to set it like I want. And basically every time I have hair between my fingers.I was wondering if constant pulling can cause hairloss? Thanks in advance. (Forgot to menion, no one in my family has male pattern baldness , my father ( 50 now)started to thin a bit at the front but his hairline is intact, wehen he was my age his hair look pretty normal). Any opinion would be valuable.

I will post pics of my hair overall tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMAG0872.jpg
    IMAG0872.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 291
  • IMAG0876.jpg
    IMAG0876.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 258
  • IMAG0873.jpg
    IMAG0873.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 262

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, sorry for posting new thread I have my own somewhere here but I can't find it. Anyways, since I was 17 ( I would say) I started loosing my hair. No one notices it, and it isn't like falling in enormous numbers but I tried everything (shampoos, vitamins, etc..) And it didn't stop. It last througout the whole year... When it falls, it usually has white bulb at the bottom or if not a bulb then a whiteish cloath that seems to cover only the bottom. I attached a picture, hope you guys can see it, my cam isn't very good. Also, since I'm very concious about my hair I touch it all the time to see if it's styled in the way I like it, and pull it to set it like I want. And basically every time I have hair between my fingers.I was wondering if constant pulling can cause hairloss? Thanks in advance. (Forgot to menion, no one in my family has male pattern baldness , my father ( 50 now)started to thin a bit at the front but his hairline is intact, wehen he was my age his hair look pretty normal). Any opinion would be valuable.

I will post pics of my hair overall tomorrow.

Looks like telogen hairs, could be Telogen Effluvium... go see a derm asap. Have you had any significant physiological or mental trauma recently?

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
No I didn't have any traumas.. Although I often feel that I am under stress for no particular reason... anyways, I'll go to a derm asap. In short, what does Telogen Effluvium mean? If it is Telogen Effluvium can it be stopped? Thank you for your response.

A.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what that picture is showing? Really can't see the scalp so it's hard to tell.

I will proly take pics of my hair today, if not today - then tomorrow. I will add them here.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just wanted to mention that I notice that hairs from my eyebrows fall out aswell as I can see them on the desk somethimes. Thankfully, my eyebrows are thick. Anyways, I don't know if that has to something to do with my hair, but I'm just throwing it out there.

A.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're losing eyebrow hairs as well that can be a sign of thyroid disfunction. Get your thyroid tested; some people have gone through life with this condition without having any knowledge of ever having it.

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
So here are the pics, they are taken under very strong light and tbh it looks a lot worse than it actually is especially the crown. Anyways, here they are. I updated the post.