Any thoughts about "Kaminomoto" ?

Senrir

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So ... I asked my mother - out of curiosity - if she know / uses any hair-loss product ... as she have this head full of hair :p

She said she is just using a product called Kaminomoto.

I checked it out on the net and it looks like it is the best hair-loss product in Japan. The man who discovered the main ingredient even got an award for it ...

From reading the "direction sheet" ... it looks like the stuff works like as an anti-dandruff, growth stimulant and DHT-inhibitor.

Anyways here is the ingredient list ...

Ethylmethylestradiol
Pyroxidoxine Hydrochloride
Salicylic Acid
Capsic Tincture
Ca-Rantothenate
Propelyne Glycol
Mono-Nitroguaiacol
Cu-Hinokitin
Neo-Takanal T198
99.5% Geraniol Dentured Alcohol
Distilled Water

If Im not mistaken ... Ethylmethylestradiol is the "Ell-Cranell Alpha" Im always hearing about right?

To be in the safe side ... before using the product ... Ive searched HairLossTalk.com even HLH ... but to my dismay ... there aint no reliable threads ...

Any thoughts or experiences?

EDIT ::

Ive found a Before/After pic on the net:
http://jakartacity.olx.co.id/serum-alami-penumbuh-rambut-kaminomoto-asli-jepang-iid-17954678

IBM

Reaction score
I hear a lot of publicity on the radio about this product. I'm very curious about it.

Senrir

Reaction score
Yeah me too lol ...
... my mom actually offered me 1 unused bottle :p ...

Decided not to use it atm ... as Im trying to use "only Nizoral" for a year - just to prove / find out if it really works ... as there only is one success story on the forum and most people dont want to believe it xD

But ... after seeing alot of my mom´s hair today ... Im urged to begin using it lol

IBM

Reaction score
Senrir said:
Yeah me too lol ...
... my mom actually offered me 1 unused bottle :p ...

Decided not to use it atm ... as Im trying to use "only Nizoral" for a year - just to prove / find out if it really works ... as there only is one success story on the forum and most people dont want to believe it xD

But ... after seeing alot of my mom´s hair today ... Im urged to begin using it lol

female hair loss is different from male pattern baldness.

kamisama

Reaction score
Senrir said:
Hey guys!

So ... I asked my mother - out of curiosity - if she know / uses any hair-loss product ... as she have this head full of hair :p

She said she is just using a product called Kaminomoto.

I checked it out on the net and it looks like it is the best hair-loss product in Japan. The man who discovered the main ingredient even got an award for it ...

From reading the "direction sheet" ... it looks like the stuff works like as an anti-dandruff, growth stimulant and DHT-inhibitor.

Anyways here is the ingredient list ...

Ethylmethylestradiol
Pyroxidoxine Hydrochloride
Salicylic Acid
Capsic Tincture
Ca-Rantothenate
Propelyne Glycol
Mono-Nitroguaiacol
Cu-Hinokitin
Neo-Takanal T198
99.5% Geraniol Dentured Alcohol
Distilled Water

If Im not mistaken ... Ethylmethylestradiol is the "Ell-Cranell Alpha" Im always hearing about right?

To be in the safe side ... before using the product ... Ive searched HairLossTalk.com even HLH ... but to my dismay ... there aint no reliable threads ...

Any thoughts or experiences?

EDIT ::

Ive found a Before/After pic on the net:
http://jakartacity.olx.co.id/serum-alami-penumbuh-rambut-kaminomoto-asli-jepang-iid-17954678

Can you give me the link to the ingredient list? it seemed a little different, particularly i dont remember it containing ppg.

Used it before last time. I quite certain it really makes the hair grows faster, regrowth wise im not too sure. Think i only used like 3-4 mths.

dazzerler

Reaction score
sounds intresting but its bloody expensive to get it from japan found it on ebay but how legitt is it ?

Senrir

Reaction score
@ kamisama - I just typed in the ingredient list on the box of Kaminomoto that I have.

@ dazzeler - Yeah - saw them at ebay too @ around 36-42 USD price tag which is a quite decent price as a bottle "I think" will last for 2 months or so ... if ever I start with this product in my regimen.

The sellers also have quite a nice Rep - so I wouldnt worry about genuity.

I just hoped that there would be more people who have tried the product >,<" ...
Looks like I might be the first one ... "maybe" to document it properly eh?

kamisama

Reaction score
senrir, i realised that there are different version for different countries, so mayb the ingredients could vary. 35 to 42 USD!?! its only about $25 USD in my country, excluding shipping costs and stuff. For your info, one bottle will last at least 1.5 to 2 months at least, and i sort of "spam" it when using.

G

This sounds interesting. Anyone using it please keep us updated!

Senrir

Reaction score
@kami - no the ingredients are the same its just that - there are different strength levels / types ... I think this one is the "Higher Strength" one ...

Oh god only $25 ?

Anyways - I started to try the tonic out last night ... We´ll see right? And oh the smell is marvelous - Its like aroma therapy :p

dazzerler

Reaction score
so is it beleived to be a decent addition for regrowth or just a great way to keep hair looking great ? may routein is all ready pretty complex how dose this compare to some thing like minoxidil

Senrir

Reaction score
dazzerler said:
so is it beleived to be a decent addition for regrowth or just a great way to keep hair looking great ? may routein is all ready pretty complex how dose this compare to some thing like minoxidil

@ dazzerler - to my understanding - once you use minoxidil - you must never stop using it or all the gains you got and all the hair that got used to the product will go bye bye. - which is the reason why Im refraining to use it :p

Anyways - heres a quick update.

For about 2 and a half weeks I have been using ...
2% Nizoral - once every 3 days
PTO - Bodyshop Ginger Shampoo - off days when Im not using Nizoral
Kaminomoto - early in the morning and before sleeping

Note 1 - I actually am getting some shed - still is actually - which I understand is a good thing.

Note 2 - There are actually already some small thin hairs growing on my once bare skin on my temples which I - really thought I was born with - because my hairline has always been high ... :p

These small thin hair really excites me :D !!!

DSC03262.jpg

You cant see them clearly at the picture because theyre thin - but look closely - the area where they are is a bit darkened.

Note 3 - Also took a pic of my crown - and to my surprise it looks much better now than before (with flash) - Note that the hair length I have atm is about the same as the hair length I had on my day 0 pic.

DSC03257.jpg

Really crossing fingers ^^" !!!

kamisama

Reaction score
Senrir said:
@kami - no the ingredients are the same its just that - there are different strength levels / types ... I think this one is the "Higher Strength" one ...

Oh god only $25 ?

Anyways - I started to try the tonic out last night ... We´ll see right? And oh the smell is marvelous - Its like aroma therapy :p

yea i love the smell too, smells like pine. by the way, can you show me a photo of your kaminomoto? maybe from the web or sth.

congrats for your progress!