Any Zix users here?

Silverfox

Reaction score
I have been using it for about 8 months. Had a big shed about 2 months ago, but now growing thicker than before with crown filling in. I don't use finasteride or minoxidil BTW.

Silver

JWM

Reaction score
Hi Silverfox

I remember you from HLH. You were worried about your 6 months shed--I'm glad it's filled back in for you. :punk:

What mixture are you currently using and how many times a day?

Petchsky

Reaction score
And what else are you using, just Zix?

What's the consensus on Zix in comparison with Revivogen ?

amsch

Reaction score
WHICH Zix are you guys using?

I've been using Super Zix 2 for 3 months now, not much to report... Crown is the same, hairline seems to be still receding.

btw, immediately after applying super zix on the front i have blurry vision, and my dark cycles have even gotten worse.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Just started my 2nd bottle of Super Zix II a few weeks ago. Previously, I was using Joe's minomuck religiously 1x daily (still am) since last March. I wish I could say I was as consistent w/ the SZII - but I've only been using it 4-5x weekly, once per day before bed. Sometimes I opt instead for copper peptides and/or emu oil and/or essential oils at bedtime. There's just not enough hours in the day for all the topicals I'd like to use.

I've always felt safe in recommending zix over revivogen due to it's higher level of cosmetic acceptability and price. If zix doesn't do the trick for you - then revivogen might be a good fall-back position.

When I first started using just regular old zix and then moved up to super zix - my bald spot filled in around the 7-8 month mark. Had to do a bunch of air flights, got cocky, stopped all hair regrowth measures - and evenually lost all my gains.

Playing catch-up now.

The old bald spot hasn't filled back in completely - but my hair's looking a bit denser on top which I credit to the minomuck. So far the SZII ain't hurt me none and I feel safe in saying that it might be helping.

I think Joe's additive mixture (hair muck) which is basically a home-made version of scalp-med that one adds to either their minoxidil or zix is good stuff.

Silverfox

Reaction score
I am using superzix 2 twice a day (sometimes only once as I forget in the morning rush) as per the instructions on Joe's website. As I live in the UK I use vodka instead of ethanol (as you can't buy it here without licences).

My other products I use are Nisim shampoo, Nizoral shampoo and 1 300mg tablet of Beta Sisterol every night. That's it, but I was so tempted to get on Rogaine when I had the big shed as I didn't know if it was a shed or just progression. It has filled in again and then some, so I am quite happy at the moment to leave things as they are.

Silver

CCS

Reaction score
zix people, I have read about the zink inhibiting 5 alpha reductase. But I think if you are going to go that route, you better add B6 and Azaleic acid to the mix. But since the study did not mention type 1 or 2, you have no way of knowing if it even inhibits type 2, which is in hair follicles. So you better use an androgen receptor blocker to be safe. I recommend Nizoral, and either lavender or spironolactone. Both are growth stimulants too. I still would not feel safe though.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
CCS said:
... you better add B6 and Azaleic acid to the mix. ....

B6 is one of the main zix ingredients.

I'm not sure if adding AA to zix would be a help or a hindrance - but Joe "used" to recommend AA mixed w/ minoxidil - or w/ alcohol without the minoxidil. Don't know if he's still supporting that though.