anyone beaten the dark cycles/ tired looking thing?

amsch

Reaction score
Just asking, wether it was caused by treatments or not. (So could be off-topic too).

If yes, what do you think was the cause? How did you beat it?

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: anyone beeten the dark cycles/ tired looking thing?

I've actually always had it but I have heard rogaine can cause it. I think I may have a thyroid or sinus problem and soon as I start working again I'm going to the doctors to get it sorted out. I have a problem with feeling tired all the time as well.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score

You could try the L'Oreal Men Expert 'Hydra Energetic' Anti Dark Circles Moisurising cream.

I use it only because I got it as an Xmas present - I don't really get dark circles but it makes my skin shinier which 'brings out my eyes' lol.

Not sure if it works for actual dark circles or not...

ali777

Reaction score

I've been looking at my friends' facebook pictures... I noticed there is a strong correlation between being married and dark circles. A few of my friends have clearly visible dark circles and they are all married....

Just saying....

I went to my local pharmacy one day to have a chat with the pharmacist, she didn't have a clue. She suggested I go to one of the big chains, as they might stock "cosmetic" products.

amsch

Reaction score

I don't think it's aging for me... It came pretty suddenly and i just turned 20 this week.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score

Lack of sleep should definitely be the first thing you rule out. If you don't sleep enough then that could be the cause. However there are many other ones.

They don't always have to do with age either. I've had problems with dark circles since I was 13, so for me it didn't start with age. I simply have especially thin skin beneath my eye, so It's very noticeable on me. So I end up being more sensitive to the causes then others.

I've heard that staring at a computer screen all day can cause dark circles, Although I'm not sure on the science behind it.

Lack of vitamin C can contribute, I buy (Cod liver oil) Pills to make sure I get mine. It's most effective for dark circles if you poke a hole in the caplet and then squeeze the oil out, then apply it to your dark circles directly, although swallowing will have positive effects as well. These are actually relatively cheap, I pay like 7 bucks for 90 pills.

Sinuses can cause dark circles as well, Sometimes it's barely even noticeable that there's a problem with them. I use Breath right nasal strips to help with that, although I find them a bit too expensive so I don't use them every night. Nasal irrigation tools can help sinuses as well, Warm water will loosen things up and clear them out, but it's more beneficial to your health to use a saline solution(AKA "Salt & Water"). This type of thing is good for anyone whether you have sinus problems or not. It can be as simple as snorting some warm water, or if you wanna add a solution they have cheap devices for such things at your local pharmacy.

There are plenty of other remedies, someone here mentioned tea bags, which I've never tried but It's a persistent theory and many seem to receive positive results. Plus about another 10,000 out there in the ether, many of them actually work, some time spent surfing will flesh those ones out.

Oh and Food allergies can cause them as well.. There isn't really a great way to test for food allergies directly, just trial and error really. Dairy products are a good place to start though.

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score

Eureka is on the ball with the causes.

When it comes to making them less noticable, I've got it pretty figured out. I too have gotten dark circles early, around the age of 22. I've tried creams and serems and since I believe mine are caused by sinus problems, they didn't really help. One of the biggest things that helped was nasal spray. Though even when your sinuses are cleared, it only really helps rather than it being taken away completely. There are two things I recommend that did the job for me. First being the Hydra Mag Stick by Vichy Homme. With caffeine and magnesium, it takes tired, puffy eyes away really fast which is a contributing factor to the dark circles. Finally I finish with Dark Undereye Circle Concealer by Biotherm Homme. This concealer is meant for men and is completely undetectable when on. I've never had anyone think I was wearing some. People have commented saying that I look so relaxed and at peace but they can't figure why! Great great product, highly recommend it.

ali777

Reaction score

dudemon said:
Lack of sleep perhaps? ==> :hump:

:)

I'm not so sure... I used to think my sleeping pattern was the primary reason, but lately I get anywhere between 6 and 9 hours of sleep, mostly 7-8 hours. You can rule the humping out as well... Things are getting better, but I'm not ready for dating yet. Give me a few more months to sort my life out (I sound like CCS now :woot:).

Eureka said:
I've heard that staring at a computer screen all day can cause dark circles, Although I'm not sure on the science behind it.

Definitely.... If I don't take regular breaks, my eyes go red... There must be a correlation there. Actually, I don't think it's the screen itself. I think it's more to do with the amount of reading I do. If I watch a movie on my computer, things aren't as bad....

I'll add another one to your hypothetical list: genetics... My mother has dark circles....

Oh, I googled "dark circles" to find some information... These days it's very fashionable to blame smoking for everything, there might be a link there too...