anyone else have an older brother who has no signs of male pattern baldness?

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone else on this board has an older brother with a thick full head of hair? My brother is 4 years older then me, and has no signs of hair loss. although, he is only 29 and has signs of greying hair. me on the other hand, am a full blown diffused thinner. I've been thinning since around 21, and although it's still not bad in the front, my crown is really thin and have to use toppik to cover up the super thin (almost all scalp) spots. My father also had a full head of hair well into his 30s. I sometimes wonder if i somehow triggered the premature balding through excess behavior.

G

yup, I have a big brother who is 11 months older than me, he has no signs what so ever of male pattern baldness although he has a little grey from about 5 years ago, I have yet to see any grey.

Ty

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
My brother definitely has signs of MBP. His hair is darker than mine, so it's more noticable, I think...

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have dont have a brother, but my mom, my sister and my dad have so much hair it pisses me off. Its all over the house!!!! Sometimes I feel like crabbing all the hair in her bathroom and making a wig out of it for future use. :) j/k. Anyways, I obvioulsy got the short end of the stick.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, my grandmother had four sons, three of them had male pattern baldness by the age of 25 and the other uncle still has hair at 42, and my grandfather was also bald.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have no brothers,.

But I have two cousins who are brothers.. the younger started losing his hair at 16 and it was just about gone by the time he was 22. The older still has a thick head of hair with no signs of loss in his early 30's

Its a crap shoot.

hopewas

Reaction score
my brother is going bald and the idiot only uses toppik. he's 2 years older than me. i'm not as bad now as he was at my age. hopefully i don't get like him. he uses a lot of toppik

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
My brother is about 5 years older than me, which puts him in his early thirties, and although his hair is not as thick as it was a decade ago he certainly doesn't look like he's got the dreaded male pattern baldness.

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
my brother is going bald and the idiot only uses toppik. he's 2 years older than me. i'm not as bad now as he was at my age. hopefully i don't get like him. he uses a lot of toppik

Dude , he is your brother :shock: how can u talk about your brother like this, you can help him or you can force him to treat his hairloss.

hopewas

Reaction score
shut up. he is a pussy. and from the sounds of it so are you. he knows of the big 3 but is a moron and doesn't take it.

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
shut up. he is a pussy. and from the sounds of it so are you. he knows of the big 3 but is a moron and doesn't take it.

Maybe he is more clever than you think , who knows... Everyone has a different strategy. You cant blame him as "moron".

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
There are only two strategies to treating hairloss.

1) Proven treatments such as the Big 3.

2) Successful hair transplant's by renowned surgeons.

The rest of your options are either scam treatments or futile. I just got finished arguing with some guy who thought he could regrow his hair through positive thinking. Good Luck.

hopewas

Reaction score
Autumn Tears said:
hopewas said:

Maybe he is more clever than you think , who knows... Everyone has a different strategy. You cant blame him as "moron".

what the hell are you on hippy? he lost most of his hair..he's a dumbass.. it's no coincidence his birthday is april fools. he's an embarassment..lies all the time.. is a poser. the list can go on forever. you don't know him.. if you did you'd agree with me..trust me

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
Autumn Tears said:
hopewas said:

what the hell are you on hippy? he lost most of his hair..he's a dumbass.. it's no coincidence his birthday is april fools. he's an embarassment..lies all the time.. is a poser. the list can go on forever. you don't know him.. if you did you'd agree with me..trust me

Ok dude,im sorry for him. :freaked2:

drinkrum

Reaction score
brasileirao said:
I have dont have a brother, but my mom, my sister and my dad have so much hair it pisses me off. Its all over the house!!!! Sometimes I feel like crabbing all the hair in her bathroom and making a wig out of it for future use. :) j/k. Anyways, I obvioulsy got the short end of the stick.

Yo dog,

The quote at the bottom of your every message is misquoted. It's not Elaine that says that, but rather, George's mom, Estelle.

D.