Anyone Had Fue On Top Of Smp? How Long Does Redness Last After Procedure?

jaslondon

Reaction score
Hi i had SMP last summer and it turned out fine, i used to wear hair systems but got sick of it! The SMP is fine its better than messing about with systems but now i want to have a FUE transplant so i am wondering if anyone has done it and how did it work out? Also how long does the redness last in the donor and recipient areas and is the scarring from the donor area noticeable? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Jay

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi i had SMP last summer and it turned out fine, i used to wear hair systems but got sick of it! The SMP is fine its better than messing about with systems but now i want to have a FUE transplant so i am wondering if anyone has done it and how did it work out? Also how long does the redness last in the donor and recipient areas and is the scarring from the donor area noticeable? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Jay

Hi mate , i have snp then a fue transplant it makes no difference where so ever , apparntly it helps a little with density . as for redness the swelling and scabs last a week on day 7 my surgery advised you remove the scabs at this point u look perfect with a full head of hair , unfortantly it normally sheds soon after ,

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also the scaring is no noticeable and heals very fast
This is 7 days after surgery I was a Norwood 5 before

Attachments

• 524D731E-B3A3-41C0-8493-C7F017F0E40E.jpeg
    524D731E-B3A3-41C0-8493-C7F017F0E40E.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 380

jaslondon

Reaction score
Hey, thank you for the advice, Its appreciated! It looks really good in your photo. I understand that it falls out after which is fine as i have the SMP since last summer so it won't make that much difference until it grows back again. I am going to Turkey to get it done. One thing, what about the donor area is it noticeable on that after? Also are you happy with the results now? Thanks again!

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, thank you for the advice, Its appreciated! It looks really good in your photo. I understand that it falls out after which is fine as i have the SMP since last summer so it won't make that much difference until it grows back again. I am going to Turkey to get it done. One thing, what about the donor area is it noticeable on that after? Also are you happy with the results now? Thanks again!

It’s only been 67 days since my fue transplant I got some hairs coming but not all yet my surgeon said I can’t use clippers on the transplanted area for 6 months so I can’t shave it which I would prefer as I also have smp .
Who’s doing your surgery ?

jaslondon

Reaction score
Hey, yeah i read that you cant clip it for a few months, but you could cut it really short with a sharp scissors i guess! Apparently its 3rd or 4th month when it starts coming through.
Im getting it done with MCAN after Christmas so hopefully by summer it will be coming on fairly well. Also they do a free PRP session which is supposed to be good, i will probably have a few more sessions of that when i get back to help things along.

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, yeah i read that you cant clip it for a few months, but you could cut it really short with a sharp scissors i guess! Apparently its 3rd or 4th month when it starts coming through.
Im getting it done with MCAN after Christmas so hopefully by summer it will be coming on fairly well. Also they do a free PRP session which is supposed to be good, i will probably have a few more sessions of that when i get back to help things along.

I don’t think the doner area is noticeable I don’t have any pics of the back of my head but this pics a little graphic ( it looks brutal but after the numbing there’s ws no pain not even he next day )but they used beard here this is that day

Attachments

• DFAAE4D5-EE53-46DF-A93C-D753336B6DF7.png
    DFAAE4D5-EE53-46DF-A93C-D753336B6DF7.png
    742.8 KB · Views: 328

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And this is the next day it heals very fast

Attachments

• A1807212-D873-4823-9429-C47E3D65B7A8.jpeg
    A1807212-D873-4823-9429-C47E3D65B7A8.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 285

jaslondon

Reaction score
Oh thats good then, that was the only thing that I was concerne about that it would be noticeable and red for weeks and that the smp might look weird after but if its not then its all good!
Im looklooking forward to just having it done now!

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Within a week it looked perfect
Oh thats good then, that was the only thing that I was concerne about that it would be noticeable and red for weeks and that the smp might look weird after but if its not then its all good!
Im looklooking forward to just having it done now!

Good luck i was the same . Now I’m just waiting for the results desperately checking the mirror for new hairs daily , I’m now 70’days after the transplant and I’m getting a little growth I can wait till I get more hair back , also having smp I used to razor my head every day I don’t miss that at all

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Within a week it looked perfect

Good luck i was the same . Now I’m just waiting for the results desperately checking the mirror for new hairs daily , I’m now 70’days after the transplant and I’m getting a little growth I can wait till I get more hair back , also having smp I used to razor my head every day I don’t miss that at all

damm i think the amp really help with the thickening effect ! a 3mm buzz cut looks nice on that pic !

how many grafts did you have and what norwood were you ?

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
damm i think the amp really help with the thickening effect ! a 3mm buzz cut looks nice on that pic !

how many grafts did you have and what norwood were you ?

I was a norword 5 I had 6000 grafts

Here’s the smp on it own
And my hair before the transplant

Attachments

• 457EABFC-EE1B-4EB2-8684-9A06494A3A04.png
    457EABFC-EE1B-4EB2-8684-9A06494A3A04.png
    476.8 KB · Views: 303

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And the smp

Attachments

• F8A51A5B-A39E-4C7B-979F-D706A9363D85.png
    F8A51A5B-A39E-4C7B-979F-D706A9363D85.png
    388.2 KB · Views: 329
  • E873EB62-0FC4-41DE-9A8C-43B32613E614.png
    E873EB62-0FC4-41DE-9A8C-43B32613E614.png
    461.5 KB · Views: 304

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw a thread written by you in 2016 where you asked about a doing a hair transplant + wearing a crown hair piece .. did that work?

Hey man, i never got around to try it. I think it could work if you don't mind the hassle and limitations that come with wearing, even if its just the crown. You would need to go for light density though, so you could blend everything...

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, i never got around to try it. I think it could work if you don't mind the hassle and limitations that come with wearing, even if its just the crown. You would need to go for light density though, so you could blend everything...

I have been looking into this topic recently. I either want to be bald or have a full head of hair. Hair transplant alone would never turn NW5 into Norwood 1.5. In theory combining both hair transplant and partial hair system seems an amazing solution. I want to know how practical it is but I cant find someone who is doing it in real life.