Anyone Has Experienced Shedding And Itchy Scalp With Dermaroller?

Paulhenry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Has someone ever experienced shedding while on dermarolling?

I am a Norwood 3 with thinning crown.
I have been using Spectral DNC-N and Revita for years and started dermarolling two weeks ago with 1.5 mm once a week and 0.5 mm every other day in the evening.
My hair are 2~3 cm long.

My concern is that each time I use the dermaroller I have a lot of hair strands on my pillow the following morning and a lot less the days I don't use it.
Also I have this itchy feeling on my scalp the day after microneedling which in my experience has always been correlated with skin inflammation and thus accelerated hair loss.

Is this normal or you think dermaroller could actually makes things worse / damage hair in certain case?

Many thanks.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
shedding? yes, because of the minoxidil absorption.

itching?no, on the contraru, it calms the skin. are you sure is not too often 1,5 deep weekly and 0,5eod combined?

do you dermaroll wihtout anything?

Paulhenry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies :)

shedding? yes, because of the minoxidil absorption.

itching?no, on the contraru, it calms the skin. are you sure is not too often 1,5 deep weekly and 0,5eod combined?

do you dermaroll wihtout anything?
You are right maybe it's too often. I reduced to 0.5 and 1.5 once a week each.

I realized I also could reduce the itching by taking a shower and shampoo my hair with Revita (Ketoconazol) right after using the dermaroller.

But I continue to experience increased shedding on my pillow the day I use the dermaroller...
Do you really think this shedding could be due to dermarolling + minoxidil even I have been taking minoxidil for almost 10 years?

If I needled with 2mm I sometimes had an itchy feeling afterwards, that was because it triggered the healing process I think.
I hope it has something to do with the healing process.

I have been dermarolling for almost two months and I could not experience any noticable benefits but maybe it's too early.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies :)

You are right maybe it's too often. I reduced to 0.5 and 1.5 once a week each.

I realized I also could reduce the itching by taking a shower and shampoo my hair with Revita (Ketoconazol) right after using the dermaroller.

But I continue to experience increased shedding on my pillow the day I use the dermaroller...
Do you really think this shedding could be due to dermarolling + minoxidil even I have been taking minoxidil for almost 10 years?

I hope it has something to do with the healing process.

I have been dermarolling for almost two months and I could not experience any noticable benefits but maybe it's too early.
of course i dont know the cause of your shedding but, i can say that for a whole month and a half, i shedded heavily (without losing densisty) because of dermarolling and minoxidil 5% combined. now im good.
i've been taking minoxidil since 2009 and did nothing (not even shedding) for me before dermarolling. hope it helps