Anyone have similiar Finasteride response?

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I have been on Finasteride for 2 months and this is how things have been going:

*1st 3 weeks-My scalp condition immediately improved. My scalp didn't feel tight anymore as I had very little if any sebum buildup. I USED to get a lot of sebum balls attached to my hair as it fell out. My hair had much more life to it and seriously was already looking thicker. Less hairloss as well.
*4th week to 8th week-My hair has pretty much gone back to where it was before Finasteride except for the continued reduction in sebum plugs. I get just as many hairs falling out now as I did before finasteride. It now lacks the life it had when I first started Finasteride and no signs of the hairloss slowing? Anyone else experience same?? Why did the condition of my hair and scalp improve right away yet after the 3rd week on it has pretty much been same as pre-Finasteride except for reduction in sebum? -Tim

beaner

Reaction score
Last month you said you've been on and off finasteride for 8 months. Last year you said you started finasteride in February of 2006. A couple years ago you said you've been on Propecia twice, but couldn't handle the sides. I'm not too sure about you.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Beaner, you are absolutely correct. I have attempted Finasteride on numerous occasions. And yes, I have had very tough times with sides!! I went back on it at a very, very low dose hoping that maybe my body can slowly adjust while of course reaping some hair benefits. Been off and on many times. I have no reason to make stuff up. Just a normal, honest person trying different strategies to maintain hair.

beaner

Reaction score
OK I believe you. It just looks strange since you have so few posts and they are rather contradictory. I have no suggestions as to your problem other than maybe it's a shed. I've had sheds in the past without really noticing it as it happened. I just knew that my hair would look like crap for a while every so often.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
all i can say is get on and stay on finasteride for a year ,if you think its maintained after a year then stay on it