Anyone here doing 1mg finasteride MWF and 2.5 mg Oral Min MWF ? Share your experience!

ChrisK9662

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on 2.5 mg Oral Min EVERY day for 4 months now and I think I will hop on finasteride in a few months but I dont want to be taking both of these drugs every day if I dont have to so I was thinking of doing a MWF schedule for both.

Any suggestions? Shared experiences?

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How have you responded to oral min now that you are 4 months in?

Although finasteride has a short half life, many guys are able to take it EOD or MWF etc without issue. It all depends on how aggressive your hairloss is and how you react to the drug.

There isn’t yet enough evidence that taking oral min EOD/MWF will be as effective as daily. Now that low dose oral min is becoming more common in the West I suspect we may see more info on alternate dosing in the coming years.

ChrisK9662

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just take finasteride every day as it is recommended

You won't die, don't worry

Im not worried about dying. I know finasteride is safe.

I want to...

1. Not do anything that will hinder my beard growth

and

2. Take the lowest recommended dosage because why take more if less will also do the job.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I will hop on finasteride in a few months but I dont want to be taking both of these drugs every day if I dont have to so I was thinking of doing a MWF schedule for both.

Any suggestions? Shared experiences?
MWF is common for finasteride, if you would prefer to take it that way, Dr. Knudsen says he has been prescribing it in that frequency for 20+ years so its a recognized way of prescribing it.

Ljpviper

Reaction score
I am about 4 months into taking 2.5 oral minoxidil. I am already on dutasteride. I have noticed the hair getting thicker and growing at a more rapid pace. Also, less shedding. Definitely a lot easier than putting on the liquid.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yo even .5 mg three times a week has strong potential. finasteride is a strong drug even at tiny doses

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm i take 10mg oral twice daily who cares if i die being bald is a death sentence anyway. But please use finasteride daily due to its short half life. finasteride dont even block enough serum DHT or scalp DHT to begin with so please use it everyday.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
Im not worried about dying. I know finasteride is safe.

I want to...

1. Not do anything that will hinder my beard growth

and

2. Take the lowest recommended dosage because why take more if less will also do the job.
Bro you'll be fine don't worry

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm i take 10mg oral twice daily who cares if i die being bald is a death sentence anyway. But please use finasteride daily due to its short half life. finasteride dont even block enough serum DHT or scalp DHT to begin with so please use it everyday.
no side effect from such a high dosage of oral min bro?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
no crazy unwanted body hair? or water retention?
No. Started on 20 mg just last week but took 12.5 for abit over a month. I do notice i get more hairs on my hands. No water retention. I had it bad before when i used oral minoxidill months ago but i Guess body is more used to it now i also reduce salt intake to avoid getting puffyness in the mornings.

Grannh

My Regimen
Reaction score
i've been on oral minoxidil (2.5 mg) for almost 5 months now, hair grows faster but i stepped on a big shedding for 3 months, shedding stopped one week ago and Im waiting to see the regrowth! will update in 3 - 6 months