Anyone here have kids while wearing a system?

esc2000

My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to have a baby soon.

Every dad I see with a little kid has the kid touching their head and playing with their hair and sitting on their back etc.

How did you guys navigate that?

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to have a baby soon.

Every dad I see with a little kid has the kid touching their head and playing with their hair and sitting on their back etc.

How did you guys navigate that?
Congratulations! Never dealt with that but you can keep them away from your head its not that hard. I don't like anyone touching my hair because it takes time to make it look good in my mind so kinda the same thing.

joely87

Reaction score
I had a kid with a system on, certainly the first year or two it’s not really hard to keep them away from it, but it was never really an issue my kid didn’t really mess with my hair much after that she use to occasionally but they’re stuck to your head so well it’s not really coming off!!!

I took the system off two weeks ago after ten years and now live without it!

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never was a problem for me. Even if you got into a fight and someone tried pulling your hair, it wouldn't come off ... unless I suppose the bond is old and breaking down. But kids - nah, never a problem.

It's the greatest blessing having kids (and having hair :D). Congrats buddy.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a kid with a system on, certainly the first year or two it’s not really hard to keep them away from it, but it was never really an issue my kid didn’t really mess with my hair much after that she use to occasionally but they’re stuck to your head so well it’s not really coming off!!!

I took the system off two weeks ago after ten years and now live without it!
Tell me! How did you transition from hair to no hair? Did everyone know before that you wore? Or have you done SMP or something?

joely87

Reaction score
Tell me! How did you transition from hair to no hair? Did everyone know before that you wore? Or have you done SMP or something?
Yeah I had SMP, not sure what country your i found a practitioner that does first two sessions in one day, I’d had some time of work due to a family bereavement and just did it!

I’d wanted to do it for a long time and when I found the one day SMP I just went for it, really pleased with the results

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I had SMP, not sure what country your i found a practitioner that does first two sessions in one day, I’d had some time of work due to a family bereavement and just did it!
I’d wanted to do it for a long time and when I found the one day SMP I just went for it, really pleased with the results

I've considered SMP because I'm getting older and a full head of head just looks a bit too good at my age, even though I'm trying to age it appropriately.

I did get put off the idea a while back when I saw an older (70-ish I guess) guy who had SMP but clearly had it done years ago so it was faded and looking worse because he hadn't shaved his bio hair for a while. But to be fair it can look great if you have it maintained and re-done every few years.

joely87

Reaction score
I’m pleased with it tbh he’s done a good job, but it does need maintenance every couple of years which I’m ok with, I much prefer how I looked with the system but I’m happy with the SMP,

It was just the right time for me though to ditch the system my back and sides had started going thin and grey which would have made matching and maintaining the colour more effort, and the two hours a week it took me to re attach it at home was starting to annoy me, and a death in the family made me realise I should stop saving to travel in my retirement and do it now in case I don’t get there, so on some of my holidays I’ve done things I would have never done or would have been really anxious about with the system on, I preferred how I looked with the system but that’s the trade off for all of the above I suppose

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Going grey made matching so much easier for me and got rid of the knot problem.

Don't you think it might look a little odd having a shaven head style when your old?

joely87

Reaction score
I’m not really thinking about when im older it’s what I need to do now to not be depressed about how I look, didn’t want to be low in mood for twenty years so I don’t look abit odd when im older,

It fades anyway and is easily lasered off, if I really need to.

And I may not even make old age, or I could just disappear for a month when I retire grow the back and sides out and put the system back on!!!! It’s not the end of the road it’s just what I’m doing now to get through life happy with how I look.

If o get to old age I’ll worry about it then