Anyone here takes curcumin internally?

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
I started taking it with my multivitamin and have noticed that the shed is very minimal right now..has anyone noticed this?

and in terms of safety its ok to take as long as you take vitamin e correct?

thanks

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I hadn't heard about the vitamin E thing. What's the connection?

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
jakeb said:
I hadn't heard about the vitamin E thing. What's the connection?

I heard that u have to take curcumin internally with vit e, I was reading one of the threads over here..and it said so..if you dont take vit e it could possible be damaging to your system..

Sean68

Reaction score
lol. you can apply it topically i think. madness.

i dont think it really agreed with me to be honest. if i took the capsule before id eaten anything that day id always burp about five minutes later and id get a curcumin taste in mouth - kind of...sherberty. not unpleasant actually. i used to deliberately take it in the morning so i could get the taste in my mouth!

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hah

i took about 10 then binned them. i got the burp thing too, but to me it was just repugnant. still necking taurine though ..

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
hah

i took about 10 then binned them. i got the burp thing too, but to me it was just repugnant. still necking taurine though ..

Why did you stop it? any sides from it?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
not in 10 days, no :)

curcumin's the one that plays with TGF-beta right? Well, i take l-taurine instead now which allegedly does the same thing as curcumin. Minus the yellowy stink.

CCS

Reaction score
curcumin is tasteless. docj077 takes it internally. I doubt it is strong enough to help your hair when taken internally. Look for white curcumin and put it on your head.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
curcumin is tasteless.

No, not the stuff I got (from a supplement store). And flavourless turmeric wouldn't be much use for cooking would it? Maybe your tastebuds are fried from drinking nizoral :)

abcdefg

Reaction score
I bought 5 lbs of tumeric which has like 5 percent of curcumin i guess. That stuff tastes horrible. I cant put it on anything because it overpowers the flavor of anything. It dyes me hands yellow. Yuck its horrible stuff. I also read curcumin isnt absorbed really unless you take it with pepperine but Im not sure. Next to taking propecia which im almost ready to try I dont see anything as even a viable treatment. It seems to me its really propecia or nothing. Before propecia I dont see how u could put together a hairloss regime at all. I mean rogain was ok i guess but certainly not going to keep hair in most cases.
Whats the best way to take this crappy tumeric yellow powder?

abcdefg

Reaction score
How exactly in india does it lower there cancer rates if it doesnt even absorb? that doesnt make sense obviously they are absorbing somehow or that wouldnt be.
My other question is if you take black pepper along with it or before it would that help it absorb better? or how does that work?

That is the worst tasting crap ive ever eaten. I ate a spoonful of it and it make broccoli taste delicious afterwards. It might be one of the worst things ive ever eaten and i have a pretty tough stomach. Then i was even more pissed knowing that it doesnt even absorb? why the hell even take it then?

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
How exactly in india does it lower there cancer rates if it doesnt even absorb? that doesnt make sense obviously they are absorbing somehow or that wouldnt be.
My other question is if you take black pepper along with it or before it would that help it absorb better? or how does that work?

That is the worst tasting crap ive ever eaten. I ate a spoonful of it and it make broccoli taste delicious afterwards. It might be one of the worst things ive ever eaten and i have a pretty tough stomach. Then i was even more pissed knowing that it doesnt even absorb? why the hell even take it then?

It's almost always mixed with pepper and/or chili powder when used in Indian cooking. Find a spicey dish it tastes good in. Here's a super healthy one:

http://www.whats4eats.com/recipes/r_ve_saag.php

Throw a bunch of black pepper in there, a bit more turmeric for more absorption.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Ah I see so it needs to be mixed with black pepper to really be useful. Black pepper is also an indian dish that makes sense now.
Is cayenne pepper black pepper? Or are other spices okay for the body to absorb and use the curcumin out of the tumeric?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I put tumeric in my chili. It was amazing I couldnt taste the stuff at all. Its like it completely integrated with the meat and spices and i put a lot in and it was unnoticeable. I couldnt believe I couldnt even taste it. There really might be truth to it being absorbed better when eaten with fat and spices.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah. If you put it in the rights food it'll just add some subtle flavour to the dish. It isn't hard to put half a teaspoon or so with some spice in one dish a day.