anyone know much about Maca

Jonny Q

Reaction score
Hello all,
I was wondering if nyone new much about "Maca or Macafen" I understand that it helps the body naturally sort out your hormones, I have also heard that it has helped women with hair loss in previous cases.
Any Thoughts, sorry if I'm going over old ground.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Additional maca root studies - maca benefit
Feeding maca herb to rats prevented high altitude disruption in sperm formation. Additional research indicates feeding maca to rats decreases the size of their prostate gland which perhaps is a benefit to men with prostate enlargement if maca root has a similar effect in humans.

A human study with maca root confirms the rodent findings. Researchers at the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, in Lima, Peru, performed a 12-week double blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial in which active treatment with different doses of maca was compared with placebo. Men aged 21-56 years received 3 g of maca. An improvement in sexual desire was observed with maca at 8 weeks of treatment. Serum testosterone and estradiol levels were not different in men treated with maca than in those treated with placebo.

Another study was designed to determine the benefit of a 4-month oral treatment with tablets of maca on seminal analysis in adult normal men aged 24-44 years old. Nine men received tablets of maca (1500 or 3000 mg/day) for 4 months. Serum luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin, testosterone and estradiol levels were measured before and after treatment. Treatment with maca resulted in increased seminal volume, sperm count per ejaculation, and sperm motility. Serum hormone levels were not altered.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
i took some maca a few months back.....it makes you horny

for hairloss.....i don't know if it benefits anything at all

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently testing this stuff:

http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2 ... -work.html

So far no effects. The suggested dose is 1 teaspoon; I've taken - accidentally, I must admit - two tablespoons and still noticed nothing. Maybe it only works if your sex drive is low to begin with.

Also, if you see my post in the link above, it may be that only red maca is effective; mine is yellow.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
User Debris from HLH and HLS said it helped his overall density but didn't help his temples.