Anyone know where you can buy bulk azelaic acid?

CCS

Reaction score
Supposed to be good for skin health. I want to use it on my face. I don't want to pay $17 for 15 grams of 2% cream though.

CCS

Reaction score
Thanks OB. That looks like a screaming deal. I just now remembered the 15 gram tube is 30% not 2%, but still over priced by 10x compared to the bulk stuff. I'll probably mix it up in glycerine or the PG I have or something. Maybe I can find the inactive ingredients label for the cream, but my guess is I don't want to put too many chemicals on my face anyway. I'll probably do 10-15% just to be safe.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Tidbit CCS: Remember AA flakes dissolve very well in hot water (you might have to zap in the microwave a little bit to get the water hotter, you'll see what I mean once you try it). Then mix the dissolved AA with the solvents like PPG, glycerin, alcohol, etc., before it cools down too much.

Once it cools down too much, it kind of separates and gets thick. That won't happen with the solvents you are going to use though IMHO.

It's a great way to add it to a homemade cream, (e.g., mix/dissolve in the water phase with HOT water, then add the other stuff to the oil phase and mix all together to make a cream.) The AA helps to thicken the homemade cream if made that way IMHO.

I got my bulk amount years ago from City Chemical but it has gone way up in price and I've heard it is harder to get nowadays?

http://books.google.com/books?id=w_Q4AA ... t#PPA80,M1

CCS

Reaction score
Since EGCG reduces angiogenesis, I would if it would help with rosacea. I don't know, but EGCG is more stable in acidic conditions, and is maybe anti-inflammatory. So I plan to do 10% azaleic acid and maybe 2% EGCG in an alcohol water glycerine DMSO topical. Might add a few drops of rose mary and tea tree oil too. This is for the redness in my face, and some of the waxy pores on my nose. I might also add some of my licorice extract at 1/2 percent, and some resveratrol at 1/2 percent.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
spironolactone. does good in an acidic concoction also CCS. (male pattern baldness concoction)

CCS

Reaction score
There are alot of really good tools on that site, like magnesium oxide. I saw a patent that said if you mix calcium oxide and magnesium oxide beads with vegetable oil and heat to 60 degrees celcius and mix, the glycerol will seperate from the fatty acids.

Dump into some water, and the beads and glycerol might go to the bottom, and the fatty acids to the top. They have magnesium oxide, but not calcium oxide.

Other good stuff on the list too. I did not see spironolactone though, but I did think I saw the generic name for Nizoral.

Thank you for the mixing instructions.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
I buy a great product on Ebay. 10% minoxidil and 5% Azelaic acid.
Works great. Just go there and type that in the search box.