Anyone thought about doing the castration?

le voleur

Reaction score
Castration will turn off hairloss like a lightswitch, though it doesn't necessarily regrow much hair.

I must admit I've seriously considered it. I wouldn't even think twice about it if it weren't for the fact that you can't have kids if you get it done.

I've often fantasized about it though. It really is the ultimate sacrifice. It's like making a deal with the devil. Trade in your testicles to keep your hair.

You know what they say, no pain no gain!

Stingray

Reaction score
Actually, Your body will not stop producing 5-AR post-castration if you are past puberty. They have done studies to prove them. If I didn't have a big *** f*****g headache right now and the patience to search I'd post some links. But yeah, get the balls cut out if you want...tell me how it works :)

I don't want kids anyhow. I'll prolly just adopt one anyways. Oh yeah, adoption is a good alternative to abortion (a sorta response to another thread) :)

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What exactly is the point of having hair if you cant have sex?

This is pure madness.

le voleur

Reaction score
Stingray said:
Actually, Your body will not stop producing 5-AR post-castration if you are past puberty. They have done studies to prove them. If I didn't have a big *** f*****g headache right now and the patience to search I'd post some links. But yeah, get the balls cut out if you want...tell me how it works :)

I don't want kids anyhow. I'll prolly just adopt one anyways. Oh yeah, adoption is a good alternative to abortion (a sorta response to another thread) :)

Umm actually castration will stop your hairloss cold. The fact that your body still produces 5ar is moot since there will be practically 0 testosterone to convert into DHT....

"A study of 21 adolescent and young adult males, before castration and for eight
to eighteen years afterwards, showed that after orchiectomy there was no
development of male pattern baldness (male pattern baldness) nor of any grossly recognizable
denudation of the scalp. There was no expansion of bald areas in existence at
the time of castration. At the end of the study the eunuchs, compared with intact
males of similar age, exhibited a significantly lower incidence of male pattern baldness (P=.01)
and had no further loss of coarse hairs in the pattern that in most males results
in recession of the frontal hairline (P<.01). After castration, no increase in the
number of coarse hairs was detected in bald or sparsely-haired areas of the
frontal hairline. It is concluded that the remedial value of drastic reduction in
androgenic stimulation is probably nil with regard to return of coarse hairs which
have been lost along the frontal hairline in young men. In 3 men with baldness
of the crown of the head at the time of orchiectomy, a limited increase in the
number of coarse hairs occurred after the operation in 1 but not in the others.
Further study is required to ascertain the potential for partial regrowth of coarse
hairs in subjects with late-appearing forms of male pattern baldness involving the dorsum of the
head."

And some selected passages from the body of the article:

"It was first necessary to establish that androgenic stimulation had been
markedly and permanently reduced after orchiectomy. Studies of 15 of the
eunuchs, including data obtained eight to eighteen years after castration,
showed that androgenic stimulation had not only been markedly decreased but
had remained so.
"The area of denudation did not increase after castration in any subject,
regardless of the presence or absence of bald areas at the time of orchiectomy.
"Even the usual frontal and frontoparietal recessions of the hair line failed to
appear in the 3 males who had been castrated at 15 or 16 years of age when
they still had Type 1 scalp hair. Failure of hair-line recession to develop in
these
3 males during the succeeding 16 to 17 years is noteworthy, since 94% of intact
males would have acquired bare areas on at least the anterior scalp.
"The 14 males with small frontoparietal recessions at the time of orchiectomy
did not acquire bare areas on the crown of the head
or further extensions of frontal...recessions of the hairline.
"In the 3 subjects who had acquired male pattern baldness before orchiectomy no new nor
expanded bare areas developed after castration.
"Regions of the scalp which are in the process of becoming bald, or are
adjacent to bald areas, tend in intact males to be most susceptible to spread of
baldness. The present observations clearly indicate that after castration such
regions are no more prone to...male pattern baldness than are other portions of the scalp."

Stingray

Reaction score
Puberty is not complete till the very late teens to mid 20's in some males. I should have worded it differently, I meant till AFTER puberty.

It's fair to say that the chances of having male pattern baldness when you're under 20 is rare at best. Basically when you are castrated, your body and all masculine development will cease to proceed, but not fall back on itself. Your body will produce 5-AR AND testosterone at the same pace that it was before castration. Just because some glands arent there doesn't mean that the body will cease production. There ARE other glands that produce testosterone.

le voleur

Reaction score
Stingray said:
Puberty is not complete till the very late teens to mid 20's in some males. I should have worded it differently, I meant till AFTER puberty.

It's fair to say that the chances of having male pattern baldness when you're under 20 is rare at best. Basically when you are castrated, your body and all masculine development will cease to proceed, but not fall back on itself. Your body will produce 5-AR AND testosterone at the same pace that it was before castration. Just because some glands arent there doesn't mean that the body will cease production. There ARE other glands that produce testosterone.

Where on Earth are you getting your information? Your body does not produce testosterone at "the same rate". It is reduced by about 95% after castration. DHT I believe is reduced by 70%.
Yes the adrenal glands, but barely any. I'd say many people with male pattern baldness start losing it around age 17. I'm sure many on this board can attest to that.

It's a fact that castration halts hairloss in 99.9% of people. This is not debateable. You can ask Dr. P., Dr Lee, Bryan Shelton or whomever. It does not regrow much hair though.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
He may be kidding about the act as an option but he's not about the results. Who knows, some guys will do anything.

-jg

zaireeka

Reaction score
yeah i can believe it would work, but perhaps some people could do with a little more perspective.

KRAMER

Reaction score
My nuts hurt because of the Propecia but I think I will keep them a bit longer.

mrcuteblackie

Reaction score
Re:

Hi you made a point, but I am just an engineer and mathematician, not a medic. However, can you explain? You say if someones testicles are removed, other glands will produce testosterone? Can you name the glands? Will it be enough for a man to have the same muscular stature as he was naturally, the same strenght and leanness, all other things being equal?
Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Stingray said:

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
le voleur said:
Castration will turn off hairloss like a lightswitch, though it doesn't necessarily regrow much hair.

I must admit I've seriously considered it. I wouldn't even think twice about it if it weren't for the fact that you can't have kids if you get it done.

I've often fantasized about it though. It really is the ultimate sacrifice. It's like making a deal with the devil. Trade in your testicles to keep your hair.

You know what they say, no pain no gain!

Get hair to get the girlfriend.
Got hair, now got the girlfriend, but without bal l s , why exactly did I need the girlfriend?
Awww! got my ba l l s cut any way.
Come again! Why did I get the bal l s cut?

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Dario said:
Rather chop your head off... :roll:
Very concisely put :bravo:

Francois

Reaction score
This is just hairloss... There is people with cancer that had to do a castration to save their life and they would have traded all their hairs to avoid that I bet.

There is so many non-sense on this forum sometime :puke:

barcafan

Reaction score
Re:

Stingray said:

You're dumb

the Leydig cells in your nuts produce Testosterone. If you have no nuts, you have no Leydig cells. Therefore only your adrenal glands will produce like 1% of your total T.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Re:

Stingray said:

LOL!! You don't know what you're talking about. While it's true that there _are_ other sources of testosterone production in the body, the testes produce the vast majority of it. In fact, serum testosterone drops by around 90% to 95% after castration (I've seen slightly different measurements from different medical journal studies that vary over that range).

el_duterino

Reaction score
the question is, would a man be able to achieve erections with no testicles and little testosterone ?

barcafan

Reaction score
el_duterino said:
the question is, would a man be able to achieve erections with no testicles and little testosterone ?

The REAL question is, would you continue to be a man after you remove your testicles?