Anyone use foltene? Or silica supplements or Nourkrin?

byehair

Reaction score
Hello I've just joined the group and not too familiar with discussion forums so apologies if I'm doing something wrong

Briefly, i started loosing my hair in my early twenties. Started using minoxidil regular strength at around 25 and hairloss decreased a little. After a few months it got worse so i hit the 5% which decreased the hairloss. A few months after it got worse so i stopped. By now i was 26 or 27. My partner introduced me to silica supplements which are used a lot in Iceland were she is from. I then started taking Nourkrin and now silica ok. My hairloss is quite full on now and for months a lot of hair falls out every day. I'm a amazed that I'm not totally bald. I'm 28 and would like to prevent my hairloss in a natural way (or as natural as possible)

Anyone tried foltene http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1002111 or silica supplements?

I also have very dry skin and my scalp can get quite scabby sometimes. Any relation to hairloss? Both my granddad's are bald so is it a lose lose situation?

Also what is HM? It popped up in some discussions

Thanks

mark86

Reaction score
Hello Byehair,

I also am using Foltene and Nourkrin. To be honest, i have not had a lot of success with them in the past. I am currently on Finpecia and Rogaine, Foltene and Nourkrin and also Boots Thinning Hair Spray for women !!!!

This is an exciting time for me because i added Boots TH Spray on October 6 2007 and now my crown has thickened up noticeably and hair is growing on the top. Previous to that, i have been on finasteride and Min for years. It made a moderate difference but i am convinved the Boots spray has accelerated the growth in these last 4 months.

Boots say that the spray calms the immune system and i guess helps with the inflammation side of hair loss. So, my guess is that if Finpecia is dealing with the DHT problem and minoxidil is kick starting the growth part, then maybe this only leaves the Inflammation part to be dealt with it and Boots spray is designed for that.

They don't advertise it for men but i wonder if that is because the men they tested it on weren't on finasteride/Min and so the most significant reason for their hairloss (ie DHT) wasn't being treated. If you are on finasteride/Min, maybe the spray has a chance to do some good.

Anyway, for me, i really think it has made the most difference to my hair since finasteride and Min. So i am hoping the foltene and Nourkrin just pile in and make an even greater difference.

Hope this helps,
Mark 86 (UK)

mark86

Reaction score
Hi Byehair,

No, i haven't noticed any side-effects. Maybe i'm fortunate with that. I guess the only side-effect is on my wallet which seems to be a bit lighter!!!
Mark86 :)