Anyone using Rogain Foam w/ RU?

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Using RU w/ great results but thought about adding minoxidil into tthe equation since some of the early testing on RU showed the subjects did well using both.

I havent used it for years.

Thanks

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you still using Fluridil? What is your opinion on it? Is RU way better based on your experience?

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
using the "other companies" RU. I haven't used Fluridil for about 2 months. Good stuff but 2nd to RU which Ive been using for 3 mths now.

In RU I feel very fortunate to have found the best hair loss drug in my 20 year battle.... and to be able to afford it...lots of people out of work you know.

Thanks El dutasteride and Irish for all the insight on this drug and how to make a good topical formulation.

Zero sides, loss under control, and existing hair getting thicker and healthier each week.

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
50 mgs, but just upped that last week to 70 mgs, no real reason just thought since Im early in my trmt I might dose up and then back it down after 6 months.

I take an empty water bottle and put 3/4 Everclear and 1/4 PG, I weigh out 30 foil packets. Dump one in a 10 ML glass dropper bottle then use a bigger minoxidil dropper to dump in 5 ml of the solution. I use one of the droppers to wash off the powder remaing on the foil.

I may get some of those little sealed plastic bags that El dutasteride was mentioning.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback lakota.

What norwood are you?
And are you using anything else in your regimen?

thanks

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
Thanks for your feedback lakota.

What norwood are you?
And are you using anything else in your regimen?

thanks

probably a 2-2.5, mature hairline that is holding tight and Im seeing small hairs actually sprout below exisiting hairline and the existing hairs along my hairline are lengthening and strenghtening. Crown is my biggest challenge, hoping the vellus hairs up there grow out.

All of my brothers are bald so I have done well (over the years used finasteride, minoxidil, flutamide, nizoral, Flurdil etc.) to be where Im at.

Just using nizoral, and Tricomin (for 1 month) and occaisionaly dribble some Dr Proctors "cheap" Prox-n on my crown

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So I gather that you apply your RU mix all over the top of your scalp Lakota?

Also from your previous post you said you used minoxidil. Did you experience a shed when quitting? And why did you quit in the first place?

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
So I gather that you apply your RU mix all over the top of your scalp Lakota?

Also from your previous post you said you used minoxidil. Did you experience a shed when quitting? And why did you quit in the first place?

I put the RU in my crown and temples.

I got the minoxidil becasue I just didnt think it was doing much, and I just wanted to go the all anti androgen route