Apple Cider Vinegar

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive read that some use Apple Cider Vinegar with Cayenne pepper. I want to include this as part of my regimen. Can I buy this pre-prepared or do I have to concoct it myself? If i have to put it together, where can i get the ingredients and what is the recipe? Also, how should i incorporate into my regimen. im going to be using minoxidil and Zix. minoxidil at night. Probably nothing in the morning.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
You want organic ACV, as the pasterurization process kills all the good stuff. Look for either Braggs or Jarrows on-line.

Using an old shampoo bottle, place 8 oz of the ACV into the old shampoo bottle. Add 3 tablespoons of cayenne. Some also add 1 tablespoon of ground ginger.

Tilt your head back, and Dribble the stuff onto your scalp once you get into the shower, trying to keep it out of your eyes for obvious reasons. Work in gently.

Work your shampoo on top. Let sit for 5 min. and rinse.

haymes

Reaction score
I believe it has been thought to help when taken internally prevent plaque buildup in your arteries. I have an 85 year old friend that takes a tablespoon of it every night.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
This stimulates the blood vessels in your hair. I went to the health food store and they said that some women were using it, said that small hairs were growing on there head.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As Donald Anderson stated there are shampoo's for this but I actually use both acv/cayenne and also MM ACV Shampoo.

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been taking ACV for years in water, just a small amount and I have never had acid indigestion or heartburn since. Also, if you ever have food poisoning or feel a bit sick, take a teaspoon in warm water and you will be amazed how much better you will feel. It has a reversal effect on acid.

Also, it has healing properties externally on skin. If you get a burn, apply it on the sking and it will heal well and take the pain out.

We always have the stuff in. Its essentiel. :lol:

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
It's also excellent for Seborrheic Dermatitis.
I've been keeping SD under control for the past year with this natural stuff.
Sorry for being a little off-topic. :wink:

CCS

Reaction score
apple vinegar

i'll try it if i can get a small bottle of vinegar that is under $5. i'm not going to do it much, but I think it sounds reasonable enough to do it twice a week the price is right and i can use any excess pepper or ginger in my food. I'm not convinced the apple vinegar has enough of those useful compounds in it. i just suspect a higher concentration would be needed. But i could be wrong.

i saw an add with a total sales man selling pills with apple extracts for $40 per month. i doubt the saleman knows if they work. my question is what are the odds the product even has the amount of extract advertised? i can dig up the ad if you want, but I meant it as a general quetion for most products like this.

CCS

Reaction score
justin, i'm curious if pure white vinegar would do the same for you. i think the acidic acid is the most prevelent chemical in this concoction. i know you might not want to rock the boat or by some vinegar you won't need for anything else, but i think it would be interesting to stop the apple vinegar for a while, see if the dermatitis comes back, and try the white vinegar, just to see if all these other things (apple, pepper, ginger) are actually what is doing it. I just think it would be useful to know for sure.

does the vinegar burn?

CCS

Reaction score
I'd like to check the pH of vinegar. I could calculate the pH if I knew the percent acedic acid. I'm sure the apple is good, but now I'm skeptical about all that acid being good, and think I'd prefer to put apple juice on my head. However, I wonder what the concentration of good stuff is, and would like to research that before wasting some good juice. Also, I want to find out why stuff grows hair and if it stops damage or just makes it grow faster.