Apple Polyphenol Topical - ATTN: CCS

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to test out apple polyphenols, after reading half a dozen or so studies on its effectiveness. I know CCS has done some research on this.
Is it worth making a topical, or should I just take it internally? Most of the studies seemed to focus on topicals, but how much more effective are they, since it seems like the free radical neutralizing benefits would be present regardless? Also, could someone recommend a solution to mix the apple polyphenol powder with to allow for good penetration.

CCS

Reaction score
I posted solutions many times. Just dig around in a few of my recent threads in the experimental section. Do a search on "water soluble".

It was docj077 who did the research. I just thought of making a topical out of the capsules to save money, since I believed the japanese study I had heard of and want a multi-pronged approach. docj077 found out why they work.

Internal application would work, if you take enough. the benefit of a topical is you can get a lot more where you really need it, though I'm sure we all need some apple poly for our whole bodies. $40 a month is too much for me now, so I take less than that much orally.

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. As for the expense, someone posted a link before of a bulk powder: 50 grams for $15 or so. I'll dig up the link when I make this topical and repost everything here.

docj077

Reaction score
You guys really need to let me know how this stuff works for you over the next few months. Seriously, using Curcumin, Vit. E, and Green Tea extract has done wonderful things for my hair and using apply poly should do about the same thing. Of course, mine is internal, but I like how it works.

However, I really have to stress that people should not follow my regimen until the results are in over the next few months. I don't want people to be disappointed and I don't want them to rush into things that might not work.

The apply poly regimen is something that is proven to demonstrate results. Go with it and rest assured that it's going to make a difference.

CCS

Reaction score
docj077 said:
However, I really have to stress that people should not follow my regimen until the results are in over the next few months.

Since when have I waited for other people's results. If it looks promissing, I hop on. What I like about the GTE and curcumin is they are cheap enough to take internally. Vit E protects the body from the curcumin's negative effects, and soy protein should be taken with the GTE.

Anyway, as for the apple poly, it is much cheaper to make the topical. Also, the scalp will get a much higher concentration with the topical, though an internal helps the rest of the body and does not require putting stuff in your hair.

I discovered that once my hair dries, if I give it a rub down, all the clumps break apart and my hair looks thick again.

docj077

Reaction score
blueshard said:
docj077, what brand of apply poly are you using?

I'm not using any apple poly right now. I'm waiting for everyone else's results on this one. I don't like topicals, so I'm only looking for internals. I just haven't found a site that sells apply poly capsules for a price I'm willing to pay.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm also eating barley four, organic whole grain for $1.29 a pound, just in case.

I don't like topicals either. I just buzzed my hair short and I can't find the thin areas behind the frontal tuff. I'll check up on it over the month. But I don't feel bald at all. right now I just want to make my topicals cheap and manageable and build up my body. I'm getting better and flirting with women and asking them to hang out with me. I'm a bit upset I did not ask a woman I am sure I could have had earlier today.

docj077

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I'm also eating barley four, organic whole grain for $1.29 a pound, just in case.

I don't like topicals either. I just buzzed my hair short and I can't find the thin areas behind the frontal tuff. I'll check up on it over the month. But I don't feel bald at all. right now I just want to make my topicals cheap and manageable and build up my body. I'm getting better and flirting with women and asking them to hang out with me. I'm a bit upset I did not ask a woman I am sure I could have had earlier today.

Nice. You'll be breaking hearts and racking up numbers in your black book in no time. 8) Just work on your confidence some more. Believe me, when you talk to them they are just as nervous as you are. Just own the situation and they will adore you for it.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, my friend told me the reason I did not do so well with an 19 year old was she was expecting me to do the talking and get everything going. But when I did not ask her for her number, she was left wondering what I even wanted. This has happened many times. A lot of it is just going for women who are in my league. It is hard to be confident when you don't know what your league is. I'm shooting for any woman with and appearance between 6 and 8, if there is anyway you can know what those numbers mean to me. Many 9's still like it when I stare, and bend over for me (not on verbal request), but I have not made any moves on them.

One time I got in almost a staring contest with one woman. She had an incredibly pretty face, and I just kept looking, momentarily breaking contact but looking back and seeing her keeping it up, like she was getting a kick out of seeing me stare. Some women don't like being stared at, but it just depends on their mood and other stuff.

There is a big myth that women want you to wait before trying to have sex with them. The truth is if a woman wants your money or just your friendship, she wants you to believe that a true gentleman will wait. Or other guys will tell you this. But if she wants you, she probably wants you to make it happen. If you are less than an 8, you may need to get her in the mood. But I've seen friends seduce women in minutes and have sex with them later that night. You just got to look good and have some confidence.

When people take a long time, often there is not much interest coming from one of the partners, or they are both very shy.

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Ask them for their number? Ask them to hang out? Wrong frame of mind. TELL them they are going to hang out with you: hand them your phone and say "put your number in".

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright, back on topic. I'm not letting CCS hijack this thread with his digressions on the biological functions of attraction.

So I'm thinking about this for my carrier:
20% water, 50% ethanol, 20% propylene glycol, 10% octyl salicytate.

I know apple polyphenols are highly soluble in water, and this wide range of carriers should provide for better absorption in my scalp (especially the PG), so this should work out well theoretically.

Two questions first:
1-what source would everyone recommend for the alcohols... I've heard chemistrystore.com is good, but I could use some other input.

2-do I need deionised water?