Apple polyphenols -- the update

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Apple polyphenols have been out for awhile now. Anyone have anything to report?

I've recently started using them topically (powder from Beyond a Century + water + propylene glycol) since I am apparently unable to use anything that remotely is an antiandrogen without side effects.

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey jakeb,

I'm exactly in the same situation, even topicals (spironolactone, eucapil) gave me horrible sexual sides.
We have no choice but to fight male pattern baldness from the immunological side (PKC, TGF and all the rest...).
Our chances are probably sh*t :( but at least I want to try...

I started applepoly about 3 weeks ago, nothing yet to report.

I don't want to use curcumin since beside inhibiting tgf, it is also antiandrogen. What's your experience with it?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Beethoeven what side affects did you get from spironolactone? The first 2 weeks I used 5% spironolactone cream fro Dr. Lee I noticed my chest hurting and aching and i lost sensation in my fingertips. It hasn't happened since but it was quite odd.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I should update my regimen. I stopped curcumin because of sides also. :/ I had big hopes for that one.

For now I guess it's apple polyphenols, copper peptides, minoxidil, and nizoral. Not exactly the most kick-*** regimen in the world, but what can you do? Maybe tomorrows Intercytex announcement will be a good one?

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Davidoff said:
jakeb said:
Yeah, I should update my regimen. I stopped curcumin because of sides also. :/ I had big hopes for that one.

For now I guess it's apple polyphenols, copper peptides, minoxidil, and nizoral. Not exactly the most kick-*** regimen in the world, but what can you do? Maybe tomorrows Intercytex announcement will be a good one?
What announcement?

The one everybody is waiting for !! :woot:

an update on the "cure for baldness" !! - HM

they will probs just say " it's going as planned, blah blah blah, but we shall see tomorrow.

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
Hey Beethoeven what side affects did you get from spironolactone? The first 2 weeks I used 5% spironolactone cream fro Dr. Lee I noticed my chest hurting and aching and i lost sensation in my fingertips. It hasn't happened since but it was quite odd.

yep, I had chest pain, started about 10 days after starting topical spironolactone, I endured it about two weeks, but they just kept getting stronger so I quit. Seems like your body adjusted much better to it then mine. Is it working well for you?

jakeb said:

Even curcumin? sh*t, I was hopping it's only a mild AA. well, now I'm sure I should stay away from that.
There are more stuff that you could try: Foltene (tricosaccride and zanthin), aminexil (anti-fibrosis, could be found in Spectral DS/RS and in Vichy or Kerastase products), topical ginkgo or topical taurin (inhibits tgf, I'm exprementing with making a home made topical. If I'll fail I'll maybe order one from Elsom research formulator).

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I had stopped it for a month because of the sides and then decided to go ba ck and use a less amount and slowly build up to a normal amount. My shedding has stopped completely so I am guessing that it is working.