Apple polyphenols

kebabsås

Reaction score
Hello,

First of all, I would like to see info from people who have used apple products on their heads... I believe ACV with cayenne is quite popular? I have an apple tree in my backyard so I'm quite interested in the benefits of apples regarding hair loss :) Also, if any of you have tried/made apple polyphenol extracts yourself, I would definitely like to know more!

Trying to make something myself atm. Just peeled ~10 apples, put the peels in a jar, adding enough hot water to cover them, and maybe let it sit for a couple of days. Then use the water on my head. Most likely won't have much effect though.

CCS

Reaction score
they are most concentrated in pre-mature green apples. As for the hot water, make sure there is not much oxygen in there, since it will react with the anti-oxidant. Your method may work. But I prefer to buy the capsules and dissolve those. Now that is cheap. It is just like cutting proscar in 4ths. You get around the marketting over price. The capsules are intended for the whole body, so they have large amounts and have to be affordable or no one would buy them.

I still don't know how they can harvest all those premature apples and only charge what they do. I'd think it would be more than that.

I'm also amazed how cheap essential oils are. I wonder what is done with the rest of the plant after the essential oil is removed. I wonder how many of the things we buy had something removed from them and we aren't told. Like borage oil is supposed to be 59% GLA, but all the oil I've seen advertized is 22%. i wonder if they remove GLA from the borage to sell it, and then sell the borage oil as 100% borage oil since no other oils were added. i also wonder if they harvest fish oil from canned fish and sell capsules, and then sell the fish. Or where do they get vitamins from? I'm sure vitamin C is easy to synthesize, though.