Applying Green Tea directly to Skin

GlasgowCelt

Reaction score
I've been doing this for a few weeks and I must admit...

1. My skin feels SOOO much softer and lovely to touch, so much so that I just cannot stop rubbing my hands and face! (Places I applied the green tea!)

2. Skin looks much clearer

3. Skin just feels great!

Anyone tried this? I tried it with two different brands of green tea to ensure that I was not imaging things and I wasn't. Seems if you have natural green tea this could be a great topical by itself for skin. What I do it...

1. Boil water
2. Insert Tea bag into cup of choice
3. Pour boiling water into that cup of choice
4. Place saucer (small plate) over cup of choice
5. Let brew for 3-4 Minutes
6. I have a nasty habit of drinking one half and applying the other half to skin

Would like to hear some feedback on this? I understand its not directly "hair" related but I thought we could all share such information. I would tell you what green tea instances I was using but I dont think it matters.

TheCelt

Oh yeah - those not drinking green tea should start doing so right away!

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I pat the teabags I brew on my face and also apply the green tea to my hair and face but I've found it made my skin rougher. :dunno:

Yuber

Reaction score
GlasgowCelt said:
I've been doing this for a few weeks and I must admit...

1. My skin feels SOOO much softer and lovely to touch, so much so that I just cannot stop rubbing my hands and face! (Places I applied the green tea!)

2. Skin looks much clearer

3. Skin just feels great!

Anyone tried this? I tried it with two different brands of green tea to ensure that I was not imaging things and I wasn't. Seems if you have natural green tea this could be a great topical by itself for skin. What I do it...

1. Boil water
2. Insert Tea bag into cup of choice
3. Pour boiling water into that cup of choice
4. Place saucer (small plate) over cup of choice
5. Let brew for 3-4 Minutes
6. I have a nasty habit of drinking one half and applying the other half to skin

Would like to hear some feedback on this? I understand its not directly "hair" related but I thought we could all share such information. I would tell you what green tea instances I was using but I dont think it matters.

TheCelt

Oh yeah - those not drinking green tea should start doing so right away!

If you are willing to put in a bit of extra effort, here is an alternative I found on a nutrition/skin care forum. Freeze freshly brewed green tea as ice cubes and use them as a toner. (Just don't apply the cubes to your skin right out of the freezer, let them start thawing first)