Applying Minoxidil: First Time user

strikernr

Reaction score
Hi,

How long after shampooing my hair can i apply Rogaine to my hair? Also, how long after i apply Rogaine can i shampoo my hair?
I have bought 2% Rogaine and planning to start applying today. The general dosage is twice a day but i can only apply Rogaine to my hair in the evening (because of long work hours). Is this okay, once a day? I hear Rogaine causes itching and redness and this is not a good sign for me because i already suffer from sever dandruff. I use Head and Shoulder to counter my dandruff and its doing the job but i also bought Nizarol Anti Dandruff shampoo with Rogaine. Do you advice that i should switch from Head and Shoulders to Nizoral now?

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
use nizoral 2-3x per week, head and shoulders the other days. Make sure you use a good conditioner.

Using minoxidil only once per day isnt not likely going to be as effective as 2x per day, but nobody is sure how much more effective 2x is. For me I stopped doing it 2x per day and now do it once a day (after 3 years) and I think its actually helped as my skin isnt quite so irritated.