Applying minoxidil

macquas2

Reaction score
I hate the feeling you havent covered enouigh of your head, but youve used the 1ml already, i always just spray at the top of the head and let it run down to the front, is that a good way of applying? I just get the feeling the whole head isnt being applied. :(

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
The easiest way to apply is with a dropper. The spray top is only good if you barely have any hair on your head.
I start by parting my hair on the side and put a drop in the back of the part, tilt my head forward and let the drop roll to the front of the part. Then I gently rub it into the part. (more like press it into the part)
I part my hair several times across the top of my head til I reach the other side.
Then I rub a couple drops into my temples and then I put just under a 1ml on the vertex.
For each application I use about 2ml. My hair is quite long and absorbs a lot of the minoxidil but it works for me. Total application time is about 10 minutes maybe less. It usually takes an 45 minutes to an hour to dry enough to where i can blow dry my hair and it doesn't leave any greasiness behind. It actually makes my hair feel thicker.
Been doing it this way for 11 months now and it took a little practice at first but after about a month you'll be a pro.
BHD

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Howdy All

This may be the only useful thing that I learnt from those expensive f*ckers, Ashley & Martin.

If any of you, like me, have a few spare shot glasses in your cupboards, grab one and keep it with your well hidden hair product stash and then go out and buy a box of cotton tips for like $2 for 250 (or cue-tips for you yanks).

Then each night (and morning if applicable), put your 1ml of minoxidil into the shot glass and use the cotton tip to apply the minoxidil to any areas that need it.

Using the cotton tips ensures that you get the precious minoxidil onto the scalp where it is needed for absorption and not merely on the hair shaft. This is particularly useful if you still have quite a bit of hair left, with thin spots and no bald spots, like me.

I apply it to my whole head (with particular attention to my crown) in a grid like fashion and now have the process down to like a couple of minutes or so.

It's surprising how far the 1ml will go!!

Go hard guys - this site rocks!

Def

G

Good tip Def, I haven't heard that one before, might try it tonight, I usually end up with quite a bit of the minoxidil sat on my hair not my scalp, so this 'cotton-bud' (for all you UK fellas) things sounds good.

:)

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
My head is shaved down to nothing ensuring I get minoxidil directly on the scalp. I credit my early success of some regrowth to having a shaved head. This way I can grow it back when I need to whilst concealing my thin zones. I'm focusing on the valley of death right now..

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
Def, that advice is a piece of genius. I've been putting off using minoxidil for six months now, simply because of the whole hassle and greasy hair vibe.

Look out Dr Lee cos here I come!

:D