applying spironolactone with minoxidil

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys, how do you recommend i put on spironolactone 2%.. Should i first apply my minoxidil, waiting half hour, then put on spironolactone?? let me know... thanks..

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
jfrank said:
hey guys, how do you recommend i put on spironolactone 2%.. Should i first apply my minoxidil, waiting half hour, then put on spironolactone?? let me know... thanks..

j - just the opposite w/ the 2%.

Apply the spironolactone 2% first -- wait a minimum of 10 minutes, then you can apply the minoxidil.

~ Regards . . . .

Sol_5

Reaction score
yep, apply sriro 2% first then minoxidil after around a5 mins so the spironolactone can have time to be absorbed

be warned that a smell of skunk will follow you around all day!

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
ya, I already have the smell of skunk from my spironolactone application.... Does that stuff work?? I have been on finasteride for 7 months and have completely worsened from baseline... I'm hoping with spironolactone, i can counter the high levels of testosterone which may be killing my hair...

In the end, i want to give finasteride the full 12 months before i make any decisions.. but i dont want to lose too much hair in the process... :p

thanks for your replies...

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I apply Dr. Lee's 2% spironolactone and minoxidil twice daily, first the spironolactone, then the minoxidil about 10 minutes later. There is no odor. My wife, who is very sensitive about smells like that, has never noticed an odor.

Sol_5

Reaction score
only been on it for a few weeks so WAY too early to tell

my hair feels 'harder' to touch though, as if i have wax in it, does anyone else get this?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Sol_5 said:
only been on it for a few weeks so WAY too early to tell

my hair feels 'harder' to touch though, as if i have wax in it, does anyone else get this?

between the spironolactone and the minoxidil - that's a lot of extra alcohol going into your hair. you might need to condition more often.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use the 5% spironolactone lotion and minoxidil? - if so which do they apply first and does the smell of skunk still come into effect (even though the 5% is "odourless"