Are people traveling Outside The USA to save Money?

martyK

Reaction score
I am reading that many recommendation for hair transplant procedures are outside USA. Is this because it is cheaper to have a good procedure done overseas, or in fact that is where you find the real experts. I find it hard to believe NY doctors are inferior, unless it is the cost factor.
I am looking for some recommendations for some good Doctors in the New York or Eastern Region. I so far have only read about Dr Feller, Dr. James E. Vogel and Dr. Robert Bernstein who all sound good. Does anyone have any additional referals or feedback on these guys.
After 50 years I am ready to give it a try as long as I dont wind up looking duffy.
:whistle:

Petchsky

Reaction score
I can only vouch for Dr Feller as I used him, not sure of the others, but Dr Feller is very highly recommended and he doesn't sugar coat anything and will give it straight, which is what I respected about him the most.

CCS

Reaction score
I'd go outside the US for quality, not price. Dr Avrind does more BHT than any other surgeon in the world, by a long shot. Dr Umar is probably second best, though he uses smaller needles which might be better. Dr Avrind is much cheaper though. I go for quality. A bad hair transplant can look like a bad wig. Better to take many small sessions and spend more with a good Doctor than some big cheap sessions and look bad.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
I'd go outside the US for quality, not price. Dr Avrind does more BHT than any other surgeon in the world, by a long shot. Dr Umar is probably second best, though he uses smaller needles which might be better. Dr Avrind is much cheaper though. I go for quality. A bad hair transplant can look like a bad wig. Better to take many small sessions and spend more with a good Doctor than some big cheap sessions and look bad.

You mean Dr. Arvind. I agree, he is among the best and is highly regarded by his patients. Including me. I had my fue and beard hair to scalp combo more then an year ago. The healing is great and all the hair grew. He is surely great value for money even though I wont mind if the prices come down further in next 2 years. :)

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i take a look at your blog , the hair in the front is transplanted
but still theres alot of bald space to be coverd....
is there a reason that you did only the front ?

do you go back for a second hair transplant , a megasession ?

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
wesleyBelgium said:
i take a look at your blog , the hair in the front is transplanted
but still theres alot of bald space to be coverd....
is there a reason that you did only the front ?

do you go back for a second hair transplant , a megasession ?

Are you talking to me? Sorry, I couldnt understand your question. I didnt start from the front back. I started the other way round.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i just ask why not do the full scalp ? why in stages ?