Are there hair loss studies for keto cream?

CCS

Reaction score
I know it supposedly inhibits the androgen receptor, and there are studies about that. But I don't know if it is strong enough in that respect to affect hair loss much. Are there any actual hair loss studies?

Also, anyone know the first 3 ingredients of the Nizoral 2%? I specifically want to know if it has acrylic acid, like the 1% does. If so, then with 1% performing just as well as 2%, I'd have to suspect the Keto is not the only thing responsible for the growth.

CCS

Reaction score
Nizoral 1%:
acrylic acid polymer (carbomer 1342), butylated hydroxytolunlene, cocamide MEA, FD&C Blue #1, fragrance, glycol distearate, polyquaternium-7, quaternium-15, sodium chloride, sodium cocoyl sarcosinate, sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid, sodium laureth sulfate, tetrasodium EDTA, water.

Another site said the is the ingredients WTF:
Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %)
Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium -15, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue No. 1

The second one is more believeable. The first one is an outright lie, since it says there is more dye than water.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I'm just venturing a guess here, but the first one looks like it might be the "cream" Nizoral, since none of the ingredients appear to be detergents. I'm guessing that the "acrylic acid" might be a solvent.

The second list of ingredients seems more in line with what I would expect in a shampoo.

CCS

Reaction score
It is the same exact list in alphabetical order instead of weight order.

I found a study with the cream though. Well, keto in alcohol. It works. Not sure how it affects hair loss, but it reduces sebum production.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Nizoral 1%:
acrylic acid polymer (carbomer 1342), butylated hydroxytolunlene, cocamide MEA, FD&C Blue #1, fragrance, glycol distearate, polyquaternium-7, quaternium-15, sodium chloride, sodium cocoyl sarcosinate, sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid, sodium laureth sulfate, tetrasodium EDTA, water.
This is exactly what it says on the back of my bottle.

CCS

Reaction score
Matgallis said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
Nizoral 1%:
This is exactly what it says on the back of my bottle.

yeah, and you don't have to look very hard to see it is in alphabetical order, probably not weight order.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
where can one get keto cream and what would be the dif of just leaving nizoral shampo on their scalp over night like the cream.

edit found it http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/skin-car ... cream.html

not to bad of a price but wonder wuts the dif betweeen leaving shampoo in the scalp once aplied in shower and wash off in morning. i have a feeling it would have the same affect wouldnt advise it for people wit long hair tho will make hair look like poop. but those with short hair under a half inch its worth a try.

CCS

Reaction score
the difference is the inactive ingredients. depends which ones dissolve more scalp oils.