Are these bad signs?

losing_it

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ive been on the Immortal hair regimen for about 4 to 5 months now, consisting of:

Flax SDG
Beta Sitosterol
Green tea
Saw Palmetto
and my own topical 'zix' formulation.

This is combined with a multivitamin and a clean diet. Recently I've noticed the following signs, when there wasnt any before:

Increased number of vellus hairs being shed

Increased number of terminal / thick hairs with pointed ends (indicating, as far as I can tell, that they are not growing for as long as they should) - most of these are about 10cm long.

An increasingly oily forehead

I shed a fair number of hairs, I am unsure whether it falls in the normal range (I am 21 with practically all my hair).

I have slight recession in the temples, there have been days when I wonder if I'm losing it at all - the best 'evidence' I am losing my hair is the above signs.

Should I be freaking out? (cuz I am) What courses of action would you guys recommend? I'd like to give the naturals a good run as I am hesitant to begin drugs unless its abolutely essential (and given my early state of hairloss (if any). My hairline / hair in general hasnt changed over the last year..

That said, surely the above wouldnt happen if I wasnt losing my hair, right?

Very, very confused.. someone with knowledge please help me out.

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe that any effective regimen of internals can cause a shed. The idea behind the immortal regimen is to (some extent to) mimic finasteride, so if you react to it I guess it is possible to shed from these naturals as well.
your oily forehead can be due to higher levels of free testosterone (which isn't converted to DHT), which can be seen on finasteride too.
I think you should try sticking it out. The problem with IM regimen is that many give up way earlier than they would with finasteride. If the idea is to supply a natural alternative to finasteride, people should expect some of the same reactions as they would with finasteride.

losing_it

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

I'm new to this whole game, and I'm sure everyone here knows how stressful it can be.. if the oily forehead is a sign of increased free testosterone that's great! hopefully that'll make itself useful in the gym! :D

Any other signs a treatment may be working? I guess the shed of vellus hairs could be a positive if indicative of a new cycle..

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
losing_it said:
Hi All,

Ive been on the Immortal hair regimen for about 4 to 5 months now, consisting of:

Flax SDG
Beta Sitosterol
Green tea
Saw Palmetto

This is combined with a multivitamin and a clean diet. Recently I've noticed the following signs, when there wasnt any before:

Increased number of terminal / thick hairs with pointed ends (indicating, as far as I can tell, that they are not growing for as long as they should) - most of these are about 10cm long.

I shed a fair number of hairs, I am unsure whether it falls in the normal range (I am 21 with practically all my hair).

I have slight recession in the temples, there have been days when I wonder if I'm losing it at all - the best 'evidence' I am losing my hair is the above signs.

Should I be freaking out? (cuz I am) What courses of action would you guys recommend? I'd like to give the naturals a good run as I am hesitant to begin drugs unless its abolutely essential (and given my early state of hairloss (if any). My hairline / hair in general hasnt changed over the last year..

hey check my regimen i have the same problem shed has increased and oily forehead i am 25...but i am loosing alot to the extenet that it does not look good anymore so i will say 4- 6 months and i will have to do something wiht it either shave it all or shave it all there is no other choice or go Rx and still shave it all...

i cant use any topical because i have scalpe psorisis i used rogain for 2 weeks but i stopped because it felt like i was applying acid on my scalp it was burning like a son of a gun..about saw palmeto i think it gave me side effects i used it for 2 months and i was not the monstor in the Gym that i was plus i think it affected my libido but in the same time it brought me to a calm state of mind...please keep us updated and i am open to any suggestion if there are any to offer

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
Lessofarockstar said:
I believe that any effective regimen of internals can cause a shed. The idea behind the immortal regimen is to (some extent to) mimic finasteride, so if you react to it I guess it is possible to shed from these naturals as well.
your oily forehead can be due to higher levels of free testosterone (which isn't converted to DHT), which can be seen on finasteride too.
I think you should try sticking it out. The problem with IM regimen is that many give up way earlier than they would with finasteride. If the idea is to supply a natural alternative to finasteride, people should expect some of the same reactions as they would with finasteride.

we got some MDs up in here....just wanna know how an oily forehead says that it is more free test that it is not converted to DHT??!!!

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mu325 - You might want to get your psorisis under control before anything. If you have not already I would add ACV/Cayenne and maybe some emu oil at night. The scalp infection might be slowing your progress down.

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
mu0325 said:
Lessofarockstar said:

we got some MDs up in here....just wanna know how an oily forehead says that it is more free test that it is not converted to DHT??!!!

Haha, I'm no MD, but oily forehead is a known side-effect of testosterone supplementing. And you can of course have oily forehead naturally or for a thousand other reasons. I just like to put 2 and 2 together :p http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
so if u change from normal scalp to oily scalp, chances are your regime is effective?

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
losing_it said:
Hi All,

Flax SDG
Beta Sitosterol
Green tea
Saw Palmetto

i have the same problem, have a look at my regimen. I've just added some fatty acids GLA/EPA/DHA according to some new speculations about the importance of these. I'm also trying to stick with this regimen until i'm really sure it won't work, remember the only alternative is to start using finasterde or dutasteride, then you have to use it forever....till there is some other succesfull treament. Getting a better health with supplements is step 1 i think, this will be usefull al your life. Some day your happy you know more about obtaining a better health cause then it's not about hairloss but about much more serious things like cancer, hart disease etc.etc...