are we Men or girls

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
this is a thread from another forum. basically its a guy whos supposibly regrown some hair with oral spironolactone (although u can tell, because the hairs combed over in the after photos. But my point is this.

perhaps the reason baldness hurts so much particularly when we r younger, but even into our thirties, is we r trying to look too feminine.

I think we need to accept we r ugly smelly disgusting men. Not little girls.
we need to stop all this metrosexual crap, stop aiming for the perfect face, perfect hairline, and stop worshipping ppl like johnny depp and tom cruise who look like girls into their 40's.

i for one, would rather be a balding smelly disgusting man, rather than a well groomed little feminine looking metro like this guy. If this is wat young people aim to look like, then we have a big problem on our hands.

MAN UP PPL

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=93492&enterthread=y

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
i'd rather feel confident in my own skin than accept being ugly so someone i don't care about doesn't think i'm a metro f** or something.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
anxious1 said:
we need to stop all this metrosexual crap, stop aiming for the perfect face, perfect hairline, and stop worshipping ppl like johnny depp and tom cruise who look like girls into their 40's.

OK, good luck convincing the people on this forum THAT, lol!

GeminiX

Reaction score
Why the hostility, towards gay guys?

Please try to remember we have quite a few gay users of this forum, keep the homophobic remarks to yourselves.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
anxious1 said:
i for one, would rather be a balding smelly disgusting man, rather than a well groomed little feminine looking metro like this guy.

hey, be whatever you wanna be, dont judge others who have done nothing wrong to anyone.

(p/s; you might want look into the reasons behind your hostility towards this guy :whistle: ....................)

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
anxious1 said:
this is a thread from another forum. basically its a guy whos supposibly regrown some hair with oral spironolactone (although u can tell, because the hairs combed over in the after photos. But my point is this.

perhaps the reason baldness hurts so much particularly when we r younger, but even into our thirties, is we r trying to look too feminine.

I think we need to accept we r ugly smelly disgusting men. Not little girls.

i for one, would rather be a balding smelly disgusting man, rather than a well groomed little feminine looking metro like this guy. If this is wat young people aim to look like, then we have a big problem on our hands.

MAN UP PPL

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=93492&enterthread=y

:bravo: amen to that, bro

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
Btw, I don't think he was bashing gay people.

I think he lashed out at the so called meterosexual trend, that idealizes the feminine man.

Truth be told, it's my impression (and experience) that most women (women older than 21 at least) prefer masculine guys over feminine guys.
I used to wear my hair kinda medium long and zack- efron like, but two years ago, I cut it short and grew some facial hair.
To quote my wife: "You where prettier then, but you sure as hell are sexier now"
My brother (which is gay, btw), also prefers masculine guys to feminine.

The perfect- hairline, beardless, neatly groomed man is IMO a destructive beauty ideal; because it makes guys into something they are not: girls. The masculine, balding, bearded guy isn't supposed to be pretty.
But he can be ATTRACTIVE.

GeminiX

Reaction score
My comment was aimed at the thread in general, just read up and you'll see a number of rather unpleasant homophobic remarks.

The original post is just some guy trying to tell other people how to live their lives while passing judgement on them; he's entitled to his arrogant opinion, such as it is.

GeminiX

Reaction score
finfighter said:
The op is making it sound like we have two choices, to either look like a homo, or to look like a smelly bald bumb! I'm just stating the facts that you don't have to look like either one. If you want to call that homophobic than I guess I am, because I do not want to look like a homo! But I'm not afraid of Homos!

I agree with the facts in your statement, but did you really have to use "flaming homo" to describe someone who is gay?

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
"Homos" comes in many shapes and colours, finfighter....
careful with the stereotyping.

Meterosexuals, on the other hand... :whistle:

GeminiX

Reaction score
finfighter said:
That's no different than describing someone who is straight, as being the overtly masculine lumber jack type!

You sure about that? I know the slang guide says it's a way to describe an overtly gay person, but I was pretty sure it's also a slur.
(to be clear though, yours wasn't the comment that triggered my initial post)

GeminiX

Reaction score
Ah the muddy pool of trying to work out which "queer" terms are offensive or not :)

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Never mind his laughable Twilight wannabe look...he's taking oral spironolactone :shock: and already says he's had sides. Unbelievable.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
The original post is just some guy trying to tell other people how to live their lives while passing judgement on them; he's entitled to his arrogant opinion, such as it is.

I have nothing against the homosexual community. I never said anything that is derogatory towards homosexuals, but i apologise if i offended someone. I do have opinions though if you'll indulge me. On one hand i think its unnatural, a worrying trend , and makes me uncomfortable, On the other hand what people do is their own business, and i couldn't really give a toss what they do. People that hate generally have no life of their own. I on the other hand have many things to keep me occupied other than hating on various groups.

Anyone that gets offended by that has probably got deep seeded issues steming from something else other than their sexual preference.

Its no good calling me arrogant just because i have differing opinions to u. How can u live ur life calling people arrogant just because they appear to disagree with ur decision to become a women, or disagree with homosexuality. Ur obviously insecure about urself and wat ur doing if any comment regarding homosexuality sets u off.

Obviously i wasn't thinking about the 1 person on this forum who is actually a man becoming a women, but u r the minority. This post was directed at the majority.

I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives. I'm stating some opinions of my own. U don't have to read them if u don't want to.

My original post was directed at men trying to look like girls. Whether u want to call that homosexuality, or metrosexuality is ur choice, but my whole point is if ur constantly trying to acheive the look of a school girl, by having long lucious hair, a perfect hairline and a perfect face, ur going to be dissapointed when ur body progresses into a man. Might as well accept it now. Its the rustic imperfections that seems to be wat alot of women crave. If they want some guy that looks like a girl, they probably would just become a lesbian.

and yes, i'm aware u don't have to be one or the other, but i see everyday new posts by newcomers who are young and freaking out about the most minor changes in their hairlines. They need to face facts, which is that ur not going to look like a teenager forever.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
hey, be whatever you wanna be, dont judge others who have done nothing wrong to anyone.

(p/s; you might want look into the reasons behind your hostility towards this guy :whistle: ....................)

im not judging anyone. i swear some people seem to go out of their way to look for the slightest hint of homophobia, just so they can look like the big man defending them.

I'm not hostile towards this kid. I'm using him as an example to where the general trend seems to be heading with all the metros complaining about their 1mm recession of their hairline, wrecking havoc with their desire to look feminine. Ur male, and part of being male may mean a mature hairline or male pattern baldness.

the more they freak out about it, the worse it will get. Maybe this will make some of them stop worrying about something u have limited options to fix, and get on with their life, b4 they really do become bald.

so, does that last statement mean, that by u having a go at me about this thread, then u must share the same reason?

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oh stop being so sensetive would you? sisy girl........ ;)

im jk m8.... i dont really care, i didnt like your attitude towards metro-sexual thing. thats it, grow up and realize that being a man doesnt mean that you need to look and smell like a monkey.

GeminiX

Reaction score
@anxious1, nothing in your post was taken personally by me; my original comments were not directly aimed at you. I do say arrogant though as the manner in which you made your argument is judgmental. I believe that anyone who tries to dictate to anyone else on how they should live their lives is arrogant.

My remarks about homophobic comments were aimed at the post using the term "f*g" to describe someone who is metro-sexual and the general tone of the thread portraying being gay as something which can used as an insult.

edit P.S. don't fret about it, I'm arrogant *and* a snob :)

Obsidian

Reaction score
If it makes him happy, then more power to him I guess. The thing is, the more I read his posts he really doesn't care about the side effects, he just wants perfect hair which is dangerous in my book.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
That dude is not metro, he is emo. And while the OPs intention is to make bald guys feel better or at least more masculine by polarizing us against this "girly" man, the fact remains that this guy has a CHOICE. He has the freedom to decide not to wear make up or wear/cut his hair differently. Bald men don't have that freedom of versatility. Bald men have two looks, cancer patient or bozo the clown and is pretty much forced into the lesser of two evils by way of social expectation.... much like GeminiX's point about women and make-up.

GeminiX

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
That dude is not metro, he is emo. And while the OPs intention is to make bald guys feel better or at least more masculine by polarizing us against this "girly" man, the fact remains that this guy has a CHOICE. He has the freedom to decide not to wear make up or wear/cut his hair differently. Bald men don't have that freedom of versatility. Bald men have two looks, cancer patient or bozo the clown and is pretty much forced into the lesser of two evils by way of social expectation.... much like GeminiX's point about women and make-up.

I'm starting to get concerned about the end of the world rumours for next year, this is like the third or fourth post in a row where we broadly agree on something (the makeup part).