Are we slowly turning into women?

helpmefindmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been reading up on hair loss and I came across this webpage:

http://www.transgendercare.com/medical/ ... gimens.asp

Kind of made me laugh inside and freak out a bit too but I realize these people are taking megadoses of these drugs.

Nonetheless, it's quite interesting.

Here are some excerpts:

"When anti-androgens are given, particularly finasteride (Proscar, Propecia) in combination with spironolactone (Aldactone), full feminization is obtained in two to three years for the great majority of individuals."

"First, the more masculinized the individual is in the first place, the greater the likelihood of very noticeable feminizination occurring when anti-androgens are used. Scalp hair thickens, often to a great degree even in individuals with severe pattern baldness. Body hair has a greater potential to diminish to a female level. And the body progresses to a much more female shape."

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
spironolactone taken orally will almost guarantee you feminizing side effects. Since we use as a topical treatment, side effects are avoided. I have yet to read of anyone having side effects other than hair growth from topical spironolactone.

JJ Gittes

Established Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
spironolactone taken orally will almost guarantee you feminizing side effects. Since we use as a topical treatment, side effects are avoided. I have yet to read of anyone having side effects other than hair growth from topical spironolactone.

It seems like the rise in testosterone from the 5 or 6 mg/day of finasteride that they were taking would counter the feminizing effects of the oral spironolactone. Does that sound plausible?

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Flutimide is much better an anti-androgen drug than finasteride or dutasteride and is used for sex changed guys for female look .If it wasn't for its female effect it would be the best drug for hairloss . I doubt the level that we are taking will change our figure . We would have heard from those guys who have been on it for five years or so . spironolactone I had read a while back is primarily metabolized in the scalp so its safe . I wouldn't mind having a little less body hair but the boobs won't do .finasteride and dutasteride don't inhibit testosterone which is great .

Cassin

Reaction score
Well in a way yes.................

I am so concerned now with my over all appearance, smelling my best (not that I used to stink) :) , and health now due to male pattern baldness that I have bought 3 different types of good smelling body wash in the past few months.......BODY WASH! It's great that I am so healthy now.....but c'mon....

I used to buy $3 shampoo and a bulk pack of Irish Spring soap.