Are you careful when removing clothes not to catch an edge of your hair system?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed is that I have to be careful when taking off (or even putting on) t-shirts, jumpers etc as they can easily catch an edge of my hair system. This is especially true if you wear tighter/slimmer fitting clothes. I don't just yank t-shirts or jumpers off like I used to, I do it more slowly so as not to catch an edge of my system. I just wondered if anyone else here has noticed this? I think this is an important point, especially if you're around people who don't know you wear a system - you could be changing a t-shirt one day, for example, and inadvertently catch an edge of your system, causing it to lift and your cover is blown. Or you could damage your system if not careful.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Only while removing a few really tight hoodies I think about it, because they even hurt my face and need strength and one even many attempts to remove. I don't understand why they're made of so unstretchable matter. The system is attached though with adhesive, so it's an irrational fear anyway.

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not had a problem with this but it may be because of a different reason.

When I was doing concealors, it was very easy for the clothes to "catch" them and some would rub off leaving a "spot" on the head and some on the clothes. Especially true with tight hoodies and I'd often have to go back and redo after taking clothes on/off. So I'm probably just a lot more mindful and put on/take off shirts, hoodies etc. quite slowly. Just my 2 cents.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not overly cautious just sensible particularly if I am nearing reattachment and my bond may be lifting.

I think overall, I was more careful in my younger years after I had styled my real hair - oh the old days

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not had a problem with this but it may be because of a different reason.

When I was doing concealors, it was very easy for the clothes to "catch" them and some would rub off leaving a "spot" on the head and some on the clothes. Especially true with tight hoodies and I'd often have to go back and redo after taking clothes on/off. So I'm probably just a lot more mindful and put on/take off shirts, hoodies etc. quite slowly. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I used to wear hair loss concealers before I switched to hair systems and I had to be ULTRA careful when removing clothes so as not to rub the concealer off the hairline etc. That and it was also difficult to wear hats, helmets and so on without it affecting the concealer. I still think it's wise to be careful when removing clothes with a hair system, but it's nowhere near as much of a problem as it is if you wear hair loss concealers! I'm so glad I switched to a hair system!

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to wear hair loss concealers before I switched to hair systems and I had to be ULTRA careful when removing clothes so as not to rub the concealer off the hairline etc. That and it was also difficult to wear hats, helmets and so on without it affecting the concealer. I still think it's wise to be careful when removing clothes with a hair system, but it's nowhere near as much of a problem as it is if you wear hair loss concealers! I'm so glad I switched to a hair system!

Pretty much same reason I switched

castleren

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve had my own moments where I’ve almost caught my hair system on a shirt. It’s wild how something as simple as changing clothes can feel like a careful operation. I used to just pull off my clothes without thinking, but now I’m way more aware, especially with tighter fits.