Areas going slick bald while on finasteride--coming back?

itsjustaphase

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I sort of have to preface this post with an apology because I realize that this is somewhat individual and that I really need to stick with finasteride for a year before evaluating but if any of you veterans have had some similar experiences that could really help me out because I'm struggling at the moment.

I am 20 years old and nearly 3 months on propecia now. Noticed my hairloss about 4 months ago but I was probably a norwood 1.5 at that point and have declined toa norwood 2 in these 3 months.

I was okay with the thinning because its still very early in my treatment but I have noticed that my left temple area and further up in the front has become almost slick bald in some spots. When I first started the treatment I definitely had hair there and almost a hairline but it was just thin. I brush forward so I didn't reallyl notice the progression but some areas have become slick bald. My question is: I realize that it is normal to have a decline for a while on propecia which will recover over the course of the year and return to baseline and maintain. However, did any of you actually have areas go slick bald and then come back? That is really scaring me because I understand that an area thats thin can thicken, but this went rather far. On the other hand there was definitely a decent amount of hair there when I started propecia.

Any thoughts? Again, I realize this is somewhat tedious but not many other places to turn to for advice/support.

Thanks alot.

drinkrum

Reaction score
I've heard some people mention their slickly bald areas have sprung hair with finasteride.

D.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes i have witnessed m uncle who had slick bald areas come back normal and thick after 2 years...i got a feeling that propecia works better for slick bald people..BTW he is 36

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chewbaca said:
Yes i have witnessed m uncle who had slick bald areas come back normal and thick after 2 years...i got a feeling that propecia works better for slick bald people..BTW he is 36
Good because I'm slick in spots. I'm on 11 months cool!