Armada's Story - (23, receding hairline)

armada

Reaction score
Wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some input.

My hairline has been slowly receding since I was about 21. It didn't bother me that much at first since my father and his brothers have a horseshoe hairline and I figured I'll have one like them, eventually. Well it was fine until about 6 months back when I started losing hair fast. My hair thinned very quickly, and my hairline is now where my fathers is, he's 54, and i'm 23... I would say i'm at a class2 hairline. Since about a couple weeks ago, my scalp has really been itchy and oily. I scratch my head and 9/10 times I will have a hair or two in my hand.. and i'm really concerned now.
I have been doing some research and have been thinking on picking up some Nizoral now, and make an appointment to derma and see if he can give me a scrip for something. It seems like everyone is taking either Propecia/Proscar/Avodart. Any recomendations on which one to get? Should I pair it with something? I know it'll be hard to reverse the damage, but at least hold it where it is now would make me plenty happy for now.

Any input would be great. Thanks! :)

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Armada, you have a great chance to maintain/regrow your hair if you get on meds now, unlike me, who was in denial for too long. First off, proscar is the same medication as finasteride, just cheaper. You are, on the right track with nizoral, use that 3x a week. Minoxidil is also effective, in liquid or foam. I've also ordered spironolactone to inhibit more dht. The main thing for you is, get on meds ASAP, and stay on it you'll be glad you did, good luck brother.