armandos story (with pics)

Reaction score
hello guys, i first starting noticing i was loosing my hair a couple of months ago. i went to c a dermatologyst and she told me to start taking biotin.
yesterday i looked at my mirror and OMG°!!!!! its 10 times worse! i dont know how this can be happening so fast
i am only 17, so it really bothers me,. it would be ok if i was older but 17 -.-
i have some pics, any suggestions? is there anything i can do?

http://picasaweb.google.es/Sir.owns.a.l ... qcIOrF4cEk

pardon my english, im from latin america

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Get some Rogaine on that dude. cut it a bit shorter to it'll look nicer :evil:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
josearmandohopkins said:
hmm, am i following the Norwood scale? or is it a special pattern? cause my temples are fine :S

it looks more like female pattern hair loss.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks like female pattern loss/Androgenetic Alopecia? I'd get on rogaine and finasteride or dutas asap. The earlier you start the better the results could be.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
josearmandohopkins said:
/sigh female pattern balness, is that normal?

and do i need a prescription for those meds :p

You need prescription for Propecia.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
josearmandohopkins said:

Um, no. It's just a different pattern of hairloss. The widening of the part(s) is a female type pattern--- which is more diffuse.

You can get generics from inhouse pharmacy or united pharmacies if you don't want to pay for propecia. Many folks get like fincar (generic proscar) and cut it in halves or fourths. I wish I would have found such forums when my loss started to show... now I'm hoping I didn't start treatments too late!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Artista said:
josearmandohopkins said:

Um, no. It's just a different pattern of hairloss. The widening of the part(s) is a female type pattern--- which is more diffuse.

You can get generics from inhouse pharmacy or united pharmacies if you don't want to pay for propecia. Many folks get like fincar (generic proscar) and cut it in halves or fourths. I wish I would have found such forums when my loss started to show... now I'm hoping I didn't start treatments too late!

Everyone wishes they started treatments earlier.

Reaction score
does having female pattern baldness instead of male pattern baldness help? or is it worse? women never go completly bald, does that mean i wont completly bald? :D

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow. Biotin. It's incredible to me that in order to obtain drugs like finasteride, we must get a prescription from a doctor. Seems like the person suffering from hairloss typically knows more about it than most doctors.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
Wow. Biotin. It's incredible to me that in order to obtain drugs like finasteride, we must get a prescription from a doctor. Seems like the person suffering from hairloss typically knows more about it than most doctors.

I know hair loss more than my family Doctor for sure. btw you can get finasteride online without presriptions.

Reaction score
thx for all the replies guys, it has really helped me :) im gonna c a dermatologyst 2morrow c what she says :p.
alltho i still have 1 more question, since apparently i have a weird kind of hair loss pattern (i think its the female one) will propecia work for me? cause ive been readinga and it says FOR MALE PATTERN BALDNESS ONLY

RaginDemon

Reaction score
josearmandohopkins said:
thx for all the replies guys, it has really helped me :) im gonna c a dermatologyst 2morrow c what she says :p.
alltho i still have 1 more question, since apparently i have a weird kind of hair loss pattern (i think its the female one) will propecia work for me? cause ive been readinga and it says FOR MALE PATTERN BALDNESS ONLY

Nobody can tell you if Propecia will work on you, you have to try it yourself, GL!