Arunava's story - (age 20)

arunavaray

Reaction score
Well, i am indian and have been loosing hair a few months after i turned 19. It was last year. I am a pretty well built guy and somehow had gained a lot of weight. Asd such i cut down on my diet and went on a low calorie but high weightlifting diet since sept 2007. I started eating less and was soon out of control. I had turned very thin and people noticed. it was then that i had started seeing hair on my sheets.

I for one had extremely thick hair for a guy. my hairline was right at the base of my forehead strains and my temples were like the ones in a female with it being absolutely in a straight line or even lower than the middle hairline. But suddenly, out of nowhere i was losing hair like anything. My hair went limp, it was all dry, i combed my hair to find more than 100 hairs stuck on to it. All in all it was thinning like crazy. It carried on for 2-3 months and by then my hir was really thin. My once extremely thick hair reduced by 505 and i was just a spectator. We dont have good derms in india, thus there was hardly anything i could do.

The things that i noticed on my pattern were:-

The hair loss was diffuse. It was thinning the whole scalp rather than a particular place

My hairline had not receded at all

My temples had receded quite a bit

Well, the shedding stopped after a few months. I started taking my diet seriously but still i would find 10-15 hairs in the shower everyday. but somehow, as time went on i started recovering. My crown has come back very strong. its as thick as before. The sides have recovered a bit. and thankully the temples have come back to where it was with a little recession which i guess is normal(less than 1 cm above the present hairline).

But my problem is here. One side of the head has much more hair than the other side. My right side has noticeably more hair than the left. The back portion starting from the crown is extremely thick. But the left side is pretty thin, when compared to the right side. The frontal portion is pretty thin too, but there are small hairs coming. Now i am going paranoid. A small hair falling keeps me in depression. I am very fond of my hair and cant see it go to shreds like it has over the past year. Also it seems that i shed more during the summer as here temperatures touch more than 40 degrees with more than 90% humidity.

Please help me.Please do. I am resigned to your help.

LoosingHair

Reaction score
Re: Arunava(20) Story

I have had the same problem. A year ago i had the thickest hair...a year down the line my hair is quite thin, especially at the front. I hope it grows back.