At what point should someone consider a hair transplant?

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm curious when you guys think that men should seriously consider getting a hair transplant? I'm certainly not there yet, but I know that my hairline is receding and I think I have a pretty good idea as to where it will lead to..... then again.... it's really impossible to be sure.

I know that there are only a finite number of donor hairs on the head so when do you decide it's time? Since it's so hard to know how bald you'll be, how can you legitimately make an educated decision? As an extreme example of my worries... I've seen men who have clearly gotten hair transplant for their temples at an early age and then they go completely bald leaving 2 strips of hair on the sides. It's really not a good look.

The issue is... I'd rather not wait until I'm completely bald before I get work done, but at the same time I don't want to suffer through multiple surgeries, have several scars as opposed to one or 2 or (gasp) go balder than I'd like and run out of hair to replace it with.

Also.... with the positive outlook of HM without a legit time frame, how on earth to we consider hair transplants with the hope of HM or the combination of the 2.

I guess no one can really answer these questions with absolute certainty, but I'm curious as to what we all think.

Gosh I hate the unknown! LOL

Thanks guys.

s.a.f

Reaction score
This has all been covered in other threads on this section get reading. First make sure you have your loss under control then consider things like your age before having a hair transplant.