Attn HairLossTalk.com. Concerning dosage

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
What you said made a lot of sense the other day, about being in the 83% on finasteride by following everything to a T. taking it DAILY.

I'm on 1/4'd finasteride and I was skipping the 5th day based on a poster here who says he seemed to see improved response by doing that.

However, what you said makes a lot of sense and your amplified case shows that the hormons are greatly affected on a daily level. Better to be consistent to within a few hours?

That said, is 1/4 a day too much? There is no way in hell I can cut that thing into 1/5ths. I am nowhere near that skilled.

Propecia is 1mg a day, right? What's 1.25 a day going to do?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Teetering on the edge said:
I'm on 1/4'd finasteride and I was skipping the 5th day based on a poster here who says he seemed to see improved response by doing that.
LOL. There is absolutely no way for him to gauge this. But I hear ya.

Teetering said:
However, what you said makes a lot of sense and your amplified case shows that the hormons are greatly affected on a daily level. Better to be consistent to within a few hours?
Not necessarily. Just be consistent. The idea was to keep people from doing some of the more wacky dosing schedules I was beginning to see proliferate through the various forums. 5mg once a week, etc.

Teetering said:
That said, is 1/4 a day too much? There is no way in hell I can cut that thing into 1/5ths. I am nowhere near that skilled.
The only thing you run the risk of by taking 1/4 of a 5mg Proscar pill daily is possible increase in side effects. Only you will know if thats an issue for you. It wont hurt your hair. Possibly might help a little.

Teetering said:
Propecia is 1mg a day, right? What's 1.25 a day going to do?
Check out the study done on this page: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/resourcelibrary/ called "effect of varying doses on hair count" in the Propecia section. It goes into detail.

All this being said, if you are doing 1.25mg daily and want to skip a day, its your choice. I really dont think it will harm your hair at all, and if you're not extra sensitive to finasteride, then it wont give you headaches, etc.

HairLossTalk.com

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
i suggest making this thread a sticky? and thank you!