Aussie made DHT inhibitor?

canona710

Reaction score
Hello fellow Aussies

I was supprises to see so many aussies posting on this site and thought I might get some answers from here with regards to a local product.
For 4 years now, I have been picking up the hair-a-gain (minoxidil 5%) from chemist warehouse, and for the last 3 years I have been seeing the HAIR-ASSIST hair spray, shampoo and conditioner. I am really, really tempted to give it a try, because though minoxidil has helped me in the last few year, it is slowly losing its effect. I am now getting very deep temples and slight thinning at the crown.

I know of finasteride and proscar and all that,, but I am too chicken sh1t worried about the side effects.

So, what is your verdict has anyone tried Hair-assist?

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to derail the thread a little, I just started using Hair-A-gain, besides losing its effectiveness was it any good?

Regards to Hair-Assist, here is the web site:
http://www.hairassist.com/index.html

And ingredients list:
Zinc
Rosemary
Silica
Colloidal Minerals
Biotin
Ginkgo biloba
Nettle
Cayenne
Sage
Selenium
Saw Palmetto

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Topical treatments start and end with minoxidil. If you're not prepared to get on propecia then it's pretty much game over for your hair. Your fear of side effects is totally over blown.

viperfish

Reaction score
Skaff said:
Topical treatments start and end with minoxidil. If you're not prepared to get on propecia then it's pretty much game over for your hair. Your fear of side effects is totally over blown.

Huh? Not true at all. You do know that propecia will lose its effectiveness over time also?

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Skaff said:

Huh? Not true at all. You do know that propecia will lose its effectiveness over time also?

I don't know what you're talking about...I never said it didn't. He said minoxidil stopped working and I said don't bother with with anymore topicals and get on propecia.

canona710

Reaction score
Iain,

when I say minoxidil loses it effectiveness, I really mean as you get older your body will experience changes in testostrone levels and hence increases in DHT, so the same dosages in minoxidil may not produce the same results as you first start.

I think minoxidil is great and you will see results, and it depends on you body type, you may be one of the lucky ones whos hormonal levels don't flutuate much and will be able to use minoxidil only all your life.

and Yes I have seen that website on Hair Assist and all the stuff in it looks very promising. a bit like revivogen, but has anyone in the land of OZ tried it?

G

viperfish said:
You do know that propecia will lose its effectiveness over time also?

hahahahahahahahhahahhhahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
canona710 said:
when I say minoxidil loses it effectiveness, I really mean as you get older your body will experience changes in testostrone levels and hence increases in DHT, so the same dosages in minoxidil may not produce the same results as you first start.

I think minoxidil is great and you will see results, and it depends on you body type, you may be one of the lucky ones whos hormonal levels don't flutuate much and will be able to use minoxidil only all your life.

minoxidil isn't like finasteride...it has nothing to do with hormones.

Reaction score
Hey mate yeah ive tried it, to be honest i cannot truly say the effectivness of it as i only used it for 3 months-honestly not enough time to see effectivness.

Im actually going back to buy the shampoo as i like all the natural dht fighting ingredients.

Im in a similar position ive been on big three but after 2-3 years things arent holding there ground anymore so ive started adding supplements.

I think you need to pick a regime and stick with it for like a year to see total effects, having said that i would not give up propecia or minixodil just add more stuff :)

canona710

Reaction score
Hey qqwertyuiop,

thanks for the response, I am surprised that so few aussies on this forum have tried it. They sell loads of it the chemist tells me. Yeah, I think I will just do what you say and get some and try it for a while,

However, I am more interested in what you are using. As I was saying, my temples are getting quite deep and from what I can read spironolactone cream is good for that. But the chemists don't sell spironolactone cream. Where do you get yours?

Reaction score
Hey mate

Yeah well i dont think alot of ppl want to speak about male pattern baldness in real life haha.

I actually found a empty bottle yesterday funny enough. The ingredients are most of the "natural" responses that ppl talk about, but again everyone responses differently so ? the only issue i found is that it was not alchol based, so i do not know how much of the ingredients actually penetrated into the skin. Having said that im not a chemist and therfore i dont know if you can actually mix the ingredients into an alchol mix.

The temples ah the temples, bit of background most ppl on here (not all but most) on the "FDA approved" responses to male pattern baldness ie propecia, minixodil and nizoral report that they can only get vellus hairs but not the darker terminal ones.

There are different responses to achieve regrowth in temples or regrowth in general

spironolactone - dont bother asking at local chemist theyll look at you funny :), seriously if you want it you have to order it on the net, for convenience order it from dr lee's website, but if you want to save money you can order it from lef.org and mix it up yourself ive heard. Good stuff but have to use it for min 6 months to see effects only been on it 3-4 months so cant say much.

Folligen- this is a copper peppertine meant to help with regrowth.

Retin A- use it with minixodil for better penetration, by itself it also helps.

Prox-n - never used it but heard its beneficial to regrowing temples.

Grape seed extract/apple poly- alot of ppl have created home made topicals with grape seed extract and minixodil. new thing is apple poly to regrow temples. Hair assist has grape seed extract in it though so.

Alot of ppl argue that there isnt any hope and only a transplant is the way to regrow. this is the last resort mate b/c of the $$$$$$

As i said before through ive been on big 3 for 2-3 years now and its proggressively lost its effectiveness, therefore ive come to believe there has to be more to male pattern baldness than simply the much quoted DHT. Check out http://www.hairloss-research.org/ and have a read of there research and male protocol.

The research has made me crank up supplements majorly and im going to experiment with a topical minixodil based to achieve temple regrowth.

Cheers mate tells us if you want more help

psych721027

Reaction score
I'm in agreement with you qqwertyuiop2000. I've also checked out http://www.hairloss-research.org and it has a lot of good useful information on the natural approach. I've incorporated a bunch of these natural ingreidents into my regimin. I've been reading a lot from this site and have found a great deal of useful information. I have also done a great deal of research into the natural remedies as well. From what I have found in the research, there is a great deal of evidence to suggest that Saw Palmetto(Androgen Receptor Blocker), Green Tea(Serum DHT Inhibitor), Grapeseed(Serum DHT Inhibitor) and Soy Isoflavones(DHT Blocker) are very powerful DHT blockers and inhibitors, depending on which you are referring to. And are effective taken either orally or externally as topicals. However, in the case of Saw Palmetto, the research seems to suggest it is more effective as a topical solution.

canona710

Reaction score
Ok,

I got the stuff yesterday and put the stuff on a few times now.
I tell ya, that stuff feels good on my head... It takes about half hour to dry and your hair feels really soft and silky afterwards. I massage it in a little just to help with penetration. Works well with minoxidil, cause minoxidil makes your hair feel sh1t after applying it.

I keep asking the chemist if this was a scam, and he said they've been stocking this stuff since 2003 and people keep buying it and they keep restocking it, so if it is a scam they wouldn't be stocking it any more. I am not convinced, it made me feel like desperate newbies like me are the only people giving it a try. But I will try, fortune favours the brave, and if not I can post my comments here and expose the scam for all the aussies.....

canona710

Reaction score
progress not good

its been a bit over 2 weeks now since I've been using the hair assist.
I tell ya, its doing something... LOTS of shedding. you can see the skin through my thinning hair now, I am desperately check my hair all the time to make sure that my comb over is concealing it... This is Sh1t....
I think I better just get onto finasteride..

Reaction score
I would say yes to finasteride absolutely.

The shedding can be a normal reaction to you starting a new regime mate. So but this happens alot happened with me when i started tricomin.

Good luck order generic online its much cheaper than from chemist btw