Autumn / Winter shed?

bben

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone else experience a huge shed around this time of year? I've been on finasteride & Rogaine for 10 months now never having any major sheds and it seemed to be working pretty well, at least at maintaining it. In the past maybe two weeks my hair at the front seems to be literally disappearing more & more each time I look in the mirror. :(

I think it was around this time last year I went to see a derm because I was experiencing a similar shed and she prescribed me lobamine cysteine for the shed & minoxidil to fight male pattern baldness (I chose to add finasteride myself).

Would it be worth getting some more lobamine or something else to fight the seasonal shed? Or do I just stick to what I'm on and hope I will recuperate after the shed?

I would really appreciate any advice this shed is freaking me out :shock:

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I've read it seems fairly normal for guys on the big three to start shedding close to a year on the treatment. I'm one of them, let's just ride it out. Whatever you do, don't alter your regimen, just stick with it.

bben

Reaction score
Glad to hear it's not just me then :) I wouldn't quit my regimen as even with the shed there's been some improvement. I hope the shed doesn't go on too long though.

Lanihenderson

Reaction score
Normal seasonal shedding is normal. But it is not normal to have heavy shedding. Say, loosing 300 or more hairs after shampooing

bben

Reaction score
It's not quite 300 luckily. But I've gone from around 20 hairs coming out when applying Rogaine in the morning, a few in the evening to probably 40ish morning & evening plus now I'm finding hairs on my pillow when I wake up. I never noticed any before this shed started even before starting my treatment. :(

Hopefully it is just seasonal, it's starting to look quite thin up top :(