Avacor - any side effects?

shinning

Reaction score
I am considering taking some hairloss supplement like Avacor, Rogaine, etc. However, I have noticed some side effects related to DHT and Minoxidil. Articles from http://avacor-info.blogspot.com/ suggested various side effects on these drugs. Have anyone actually experienced these symptoms first hand?

beaner

Reaction score
Stay away from Avacor.....it is a scam...just high priced minoxidil (Rogaine). I don't believe anyone on this forum uses it, and most will tell you to stay away. If you chose to use minoxidil, the rare side effects that may occur with overuse or systemic absorption include, rapid heartbeat and water retention. The most common side effect is scalp irritation. I myself have only experienced rapid heartbeat on a couple of occassions when I used too much. If you stick with the recommended dosage, you will probably not have a problem.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
Avacor sucks. I used it for 6 months (before I found this site) and I kept losing hair like normal. Those pills are a joke. I think they have saw palmetto in them which is a very weak anti-androgen and the shampoo is stupid.

You can get a very good regimen for the price of Avacor and it will be much more effective.

CCS

Reaction score
avacore is a scam. They lie that it is FDA approved, but pull it off legally because it contains the FDA approved ingredient minoxidil. I doubt it is as effective as minoxidil because it has a lot of other crap in it too.

CCS

Reaction score
and probably thinning hair too, if the minoxidil has the wrong vehicle or concentration.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
The minoxidil is 5%, same extra strength stuff you can get for a fraction of the cost. I'm using the rest of it up before I get more