Avodart Symptoms

swjmdonwon

Reaction score
I have been taking avodart for about a month and when i first started i got a small rash on my neck, but it was a more concentrated rash, it did not spread. After taking it for a little over a week it went away. A couple nights ago i noticed that I had the same type of rash, but now its on my back and is larger (an actually located on two areas of my back). Should I stop taking avodart and go back to finasteride? I am not sure what to do. So far I have found no results on regards to my current hair and its condition. Any replies will help. Thanks again.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
How do you know it's from the avodart? doesn't sound like it is. I would imagine the rash wouldn't have disappeared if it was an alergic reaction.
Look into other possible causes...like food, new supplements, swithcing or adding laundry detergents (that one gave me a rash), a new soap in the shower....stuff like that.

BHD

swjmdonwon

Reaction score
I just wanted to give all of you an update. I stopped taking avodart since my last post here and the skin rash (which was pretty severre ) has almost left entirely. It was in spotted areas, concentrated on my back.... Just thought I would give some info.

DeezNuts

Reaction score
Same

I have been on Avodart for about 4 months now(on/off for 6 months previous to that) and have been getting the same little rashes all over my body. I don't want to stop, as I have been losing hair pretty rapidly(shed hopefully) and want to see the regrowth, but I don't know if there will be any regrowth(Propecia/minoxidil/everything else hasn't worked for me in the past 5 years up to this point). What is this caused by?

I am really trying to stick it out with this stuff for a good 8 months minimum, but the continued hair loss and little rashes are really making it difficult. Anyone have any clues? If this is still going at month 6, I will probably go back to Propecia, although it never really did much for me in the past. Thanks.

DN