AV's Story - (19yr old NW2,Pics)

AV

Reaction score
Hi all! i have been registered on this forum now over a year and i visited it very often but was lazy to post anything and i got answers to most questions that i wanted to ask by reading other peoples posts.I recently started to do something about my hairloss so i have decided to tell my story.

It all begun in 2005 when i was 17 years old.My mother noticed my receding hairline and commented to me that i was balding.I simply denied at that time that i will be bald.At the beginning of 2006 my hair begun to get oily and i was starting to get sheds.when i washed my hair i would lose up to 20 hairs.because of oiliness i washed my hair every three days.soon it was necessary to wash it every day because my hair would get oily very quickly.if i touched my hair it would get oily and if i wared hats it would also get oily so i avoided doing this things.
just when this problem with oiliness appeared i started getting extreme amounts of dandruff which i never had before.using Head&Shoulders shampoo i managed to drastically reduce the amount of dandruff which i had.when i have stopped using head&shoulders and used a different shampoo dandruff would appear again.
i think that i have slowdown my hairloss by washing my hair everyday.i have still continued to lose hair but i am sure that i would lost a lot more if i didnt wash it daily.when i was in high school there was a guy in my class who started to lose his hair in the same time as i.he had a oily hair but didn't washed it often as i and he is now past nw3 and i am nw2.
i bought few lotions and shampoos which claimed to strengthen hair roots but i soon realized that they all were ineffective.
best thing that i could find in my town which can really help combat male pattern baldness was liquid Minoxidil 2% so my only way to get propecia was to purchase it online.
After spending sometime searching for legitimate online pharmacy which ships worldwide i found http://www.drugdelivery.ca. i ordered generic propecia really cheap from them and even using this coupon code 97054 i saved a little more money :) they have also generic dutasteride and brand name Avodart which i plan to buy and use if propecia doesnt work in my case.currently i am on propecia about 4 days.i plan to update this thread in few months again.

i am now nw2 which is slowly becoming nw2.5.here are my pics:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: AV's Story - 19yr old NW2 (Pics)

from your first two pics, I cannot see hair loss.

bushman19

Reaction score

you are not a norwood 2. your hair line looks fine. you can see your scalp from the top view but i think its just because of lighting and the angle at which your hair grows. dont freak out cuz things could be much worse. if anything get some nizoral it works really well at controlling dandruff. also consider looking for a derm who speacializes in hair, he or she would be able to evaluate your situation better.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

bushman19 said:
you are not a norwood 2. your hair line looks fine. you can see your scalp from the top view but i think its just because of lighting and the angle at which your hair grows. dont freak out cuz things could be much worse. if anything get some nizoral it works really well at controlling dandruff. also consider looking for a derm who speacializes in hair, he or she would be able to evaluate your situation better.
:agree:

AV

Reaction score

i am pretty sure that i have male pattern baldness.on these pictures my hairloss isn't very noticeable.my hairline has deteriorated few centimeters.hair still grows there but its very tiny and barely noticeable.DHT is killing my existing hair and its stopping growth of new hair.and there is considerable difference in thickness of hair on top of my head and on the sides.i am having also very oily hair which i hope propecia will fix.these all are symptoms of male pattern baldness so yes i am losing my hair.if i am not too lazy and have time i will visit a dermatologist.i am sure that he will probably just confirm what i know already.
i should also mention what impact hairloss will have on my life,after finishing high school it took me about half a year to find a job.i will quit that job next month after they pay me because i plan to hide in my home next year and if i lose more hair no one will see it.i am hoping that with propecia i will stop losing my hair and maintain what i have and then i will resume my life.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

If you are sure about your male pattern baldness, then get on treatment, thats the only thing you can do.

AV

Reaction score

i will try everything to save my hair.i hate going through this hairloss thing.my life should just now be starting and i am already confronted with this huge problem.i am not even 20 years old and my hair is already so weak.and the worst part is that i have lot of body hair.thick strong hair is growing all over my body but i am losing it where is most important,on top of my head!!! :thumbdown2: life can be so cruel and unfair :sobbing: i will look so terrible and ridiculous bald because i have weird head shape.i still find myself decent looking because i have hair on my head but if i lose it i am sure that i will be depressed.propecia will probably give me sheds because my hair is weak.it probably must first fall out :(

RaginDemon

Reaction score

You never know whats gonna happen unless you give it a try, GL!