Axl_Rose's story - (age 21, deciding on treatments)

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been lurking around this board for a while now and thought i mightaswell sign up so heres my story quickly. I just recently turned 21 and thought it's time to do something about my hairloss while its nothing to bad,I've been a solid norwood 2 since i was about 14 and nothing has changed too dramaticly apart from some slight receding and thining around the temples and i know im going to be prone to male pattern baldness because my 2 uncles on my mums side are bald and my dad has been loosing his for a while now so i've decided to start treatment with rogaine 2x daily and have been using it for about 2 months now and things are going well.

Propecia is still being thought about right now as i dont think i have any need to take it but if i start taking it now my chances to keep what i've got would be greatly increased? and thats all i really want to do,keep what i've got. I'm not going to start going on about "oh why me,i dont want to go bald",thats just not my way of thinking but it is hard to accept and its going to be a constent battle and in the end if i still lose my hair it least i know i tried to do something about it,so yeah thats my quick story,i might post some pics and keep informed about my progress. Good luck to all of you aswell with your treatments.

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: My Story

Axl_Rose, I would recommend getting on propecia as my friend took it early and it stopped the temple recession in its tracks! Don't worry about sides, they usually don't last long and disappear. If cost is an issue get on proscar and cut it yourself into fourths, thats what I use. Good luck bro.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Propecia is not THAT dangerous, you should at least give it a try to see if you have sides from taking it.

most importantly, sides are NOT permanent.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the advice. Well I've decided to start Propecia and will be getting a perscription for it on Monday at my doctors so fingers crossed it will do my hair some good along with the rogaine.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

GL!

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

dude, if you get on propecia/minoxidil early like the stage your say your at you should be all good. If you shed or you hair looks a bit worse for the first few months dont worry, ull be fine. Propecia is a great idea, the earlier the better

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys. I think by making the move to propecia i've given my hair a really good chance and im also thinking about including Nizoral aswell. Can someone give me some advice on where to get it and is it easily available in Australia? Thanks.

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score

I believe you must get a prescription for that from a doctor. Minoxidil order over Ebay.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

So I need a perscription for nizoral aswell as propecia? And I dont need to order Minoxidil from ebay,i've been buying it from the chemist here for the past 2 months.

aussie

Reaction score

I get my Nizoral from this site http://www.epharmacy.com.au, and they do sell Propecia aswell, but you need a prescription for the Propecia :)

gettingthere

Reaction score
Friendly's Chemist in Australia sell Nizoral shampoo. 1% and 2% are over the counter shampoo, no need for prescription.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity,does Head and Shoulders help at all? I don't mean to grow back hair but overall scalp health.

Sean68

Reaction score
its ok but use t-gel greasy instead mate if you can find it.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Welcome to the board fellow rocker. Hair is vital to us rockers :punk: <--- Note this mans mo-hawk.

:band: <-- Look at the passion of that lead singer, that is hilarious lol. Definitely metal :punk:

Oh and the Drummer is hardcore! Look at him go. He is kickin ***. Dont like the guitarists tho, they look like the beatles, much to casual.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Welcome to the board fellow rocker. Hair is vital to us rockers :punk: <--- Note this mans mo-hawk.

:band: <-- Look at the passion of that lead singer, that is hilarious lol. Definitely metal :punk:

Oh and the Drummer is hardcore! Look at him go. He is kickin ***. Dont like the guitarists tho, they look like the beatles, much to casual.

Lol yeah. Maybe someone should hook Axl up with some rogaine and propecia,that dreadlock wig he wears these days is a eyesore.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Propecia works, and some actually experienced INCREASED sex drive after taking it.