Azelaic Acid

bobo

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get some azelaic acid topical? I'm not looking for a topical like cringen that includes other ingredients, I'm looking for strictly azelaic acid for hairloss.

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Lee sells a solo solution of Az. Acid. It should be just what you are looking for. It is dispensed via a spray bottle (I believe) in a vehicle of Propylene Glycol. Check out his site......www.minoxidil.com

viperfish

Reaction score
Why do you wanna use only azelaic acid??? Dr. Lee will tell you that you should use spironolactone over azelaic acid. I would not put alot of faith in the azelaic acid. However, I will recommend revivogen that contains azelaic acid and most importantly ""Fatty Acids""! So if you want the azelaic acid go for revivogen because you will also be getting other things that should be of more benefit than azelaic acid.

viperfish

Reaction score
Sounds like a take off on revivogen. I don't know?? I still would go with revivogen and drop a few extra bucks on it then to go with proanagen.

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Viper...............tell me why you seem so excited about fatty acids. I'm curious to know because of something I will fill you in on when you reply.

viperfish

Reaction score
I have read many research articles on fatty acid usage and its relationship to DHT. All seem very promising. I don't have any of the articles, but if you could ask Bryan he has them all. I don't have any other ones then the ones found on the revivogen website. Lots of support for fattty acids use and far more then what is found for zinc, vitamin b6, and azelaic acid! Now fill me in??

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using Polysorbate 80 for years. P80 is a fatty acid ester. It is used as an emulsifier in many food products and as a delivery vehicle and/or additive in many hair products. I think that it is good, beneficial stuff. And, it is VERY inexpensive. I believe that with all the new stuff, it has been cast aside and classified as useless by many. I think they are missing out on a good addition to their regimens.

It works, I believe in several ways.....................plain P80 when rubbed into the scalp vigorously causes the scalp to become red and a bit warm. I believe it encourages hair to grow by causing the scalp skin to release histamine, by deep cleaning the follicles and by possibly interfering with DHT on the follicles.

It defenitely loosens hair that was going to fall out anyway when you start using it. Probably the best "deep down" scalp cleaner I have found to date. I even used to rub it on my face when I had acne years ago and I believe it helped with that as well.