B5 Supplementation - Reduction in Sebum

bupolo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here has tried mega dosing with vitamin B5? I know that people who suffer from oily skin mega-dose on vitamin B5 to reduce sebum and help clear up their skin. Has anyone tried mega-dosing on B5 in order to reduce the sebum on their scalp?

I can't imagine it not having a similar effect, and my hair is very oily and crappy looking at the end of the day.

One thing I do know is make sure you take a serious fiber supplement while you're on it.

Thoughts?

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
bupolo said:
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here has tried mega dosing with vitamin B5? I know that people who suffer from oily skin mega-dose on vitamin B5 to reduce sebum and help clear up their skin. Has anyone tried mega-dosing on B5 in order to reduce the sebum on their scalp?

I can't imagine it not having a similar effect, and my hair is very oily and crappy looking at the end of the day.

One thing I do know is make sure you take a serious fiber supplement while you're on it.

Thoughts?

There is no harm in adding some Pantothenic acid to reduce sebum but I wouldnt megadose on it! Take Pantothenic acid alongside a full spectrum vitamin B supplement and include a shampoo to reduce the oiliness and inflammation.

Regards
Pete

liquidfirex

Reaction score
DO NOT MEGADOSE B5!

That is the reason my hair is falling out, and I have adrenal fatigue because of it.
Even taking 2 grams for 2 weeks can really mess you up.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
I also have problems with oily scalp, how about making home-made topical with good B5 dosage?

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
Your better off reducing saturated fats and using a shampoo designed to clean out the waxy sebum as well as tackling inflammation.

Regards
Pete